NOOKcolor Owners thread

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I hope some of you good guys are still hanging around this thread. I have a couple of issues that I haven't been able to figure out. I want to move some photos into the internal memory on my HC emmc 2nd edit installation. I'm sure that this must be possible, but I can't seem to find the right way to get them there. My second problem is related to the first. I thought maybe I could side load the photos using my USB connection, but my Win 7 laptop only recognizes the NC as "storage" and want me to insert a disk.

Any help would (will) be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Sue

I know that it is a common problem with some custom roms.they have a problem seeing internal memory. I have a similar issue with the UD rom. Dont know if there is a fix. CM7 may have figured this issue out on their rom. Not sure.

Sent from my fascinate

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
have you tried downloading ES File Explorer from the market? navigate to the location, click on multi-select, select all the photos, click operations, select copy and navigate back to the desired location, click operations then paste

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
Well, since I am now an official owner of a Nook Color I thought maybe I should post in this thread:).

I've been doing a lot of reading in this forum and elsewhere and I've been learning a lot. It inspired me to root my Desire HD while waiting for my Nook to arrive in Sweden. It got here the other day and I rooted it that evening. Now I have two rooted devices to play with:)

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
have you tried downloading ES File Explorer from the market? navigate to the location, click on multi-select, select all the photos, click operations, select copy and navigate back to the desired location, click operations then paste

I guess I need to go over to one of the HC forums. I did download ES File Explorer but it only seems to want to explore a mounted SD card. Using Root Explorer, I did find my pictures buried in what looked like a B&N file. I moved them to the media file on system and can see them there, but neither gallery nor Wall Switch will work without an SD card. I need to find something that will read off of the internal memory. There's gotta be a way!

Thanks for the advice.

Sue

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I guess I need to go over to one of the HC forums. I did download ES File Explorer but it only seems to want to explore a mounted SD card. Using Root Explorer, I did find my pictures buried in what looked like a B&N file. I moved them to the media file on system and can see them there, but neither gallery nor Wall Switch will work without an SD card. I need to find something that will read off of the internal memory. There's gotta be a way!

Thanks for the advice.

Sue

Sure there's gotta be a way but as far as I know developers are not really puting in the time to solve issues like that. Sue, it sounds like you have come a long way in getting your HC working the way you want but it is still just a preview build and not everything is going to work.

If there are specific HC forums you are aware of those might be better since for the most part nobody on this board seems to be seriously persuing all aspects of HC and I think the knowledge base is limited regarding the technicalities of HC. Good luck getting it the rest of the way where you want to be :D

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Sure there's gotta be a way but as far as I know developers are not really puting in the time to solve issues like that. Sue, it sounds like you have come a long way in getting your HC working the way you want but it is still just a preview build and not everything is going to work.

If there are specific HC forums you are aware of those might be better since for the most part nobody on this board seems to be seriously persuing all aspects of HC and I think the knowledge base is limited regarding the technicalities of HC. Good luck getting it the rest of the way where you want to be :D

Thanks for the post. This is actually a relief for me. I haven't been able to find anyone asking my particular question in any of the forums I've been haunting for the last couple of days and I thought that it was because everyone else out there already knew how to do it. I was sure it was something obvious that I should know. I actually did find my pictures in the internal memory buried inside "My Files" a B&N file from when I first started rooting my stock NC. So they are there, but Wall Switch can't find them there, so I'll just wait until Honeycomb gets farther along.

Thanks,

Sue

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP:

Added to owners list:
-Taurus
-monica_118
-BoloMKXXVIII
-GadgetBoi63
-lexic

Last edited:

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
Finally getting around to posting here. For adding images though the upload option is disabled for me as well. Anyone figure out how to get that enabled? Do you have to be connected to PC maybe? Also for just adding image inline when I click the add image icon it asks for path it doesn't let me navigate or browse to local file. I am trying add below using local path. Can this be made easier so you can browse to local image?

Also, anyone notice battery shows 99% after full charge overnight?

/media/Screenshots/11-03-27-1.png

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
Finally getting around to posting here. For adding images though the upload option is disabled for me as well. Anyone figure out how to get that enabled? Do you have to be connected to PC maybe? Also for just adding image inline when I click the add image icon it asks for path it doesn't let me navigate or browse to local file. I am trying add below using local path. Can this be made easier so you can browse to local image?

Also, anyone notice battery shows 99% after full charge overnight?

/media/Screenshots/11-03-27-1.png

Obviously the local path didn't work…

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
$11-03-27-1.png

So the upload attachment option works from my PC, just not from my NC.... bummer :p

Guess I may need to start using photobucket or similar to do it via my NC, but do wish the AndroidTablets site allowed for this feature to work from the NC directly.

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
So figured out a way to use dropbox to insert images but it still is not really easy. I can't paste a link in the dialog box that opens when trying to add image to post. I am using thumb keyboard and Dolphin HD browser. Is this just a keyboard or browser issue? If I could paste there it would be fairly easy. Thanks for any thoughts.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So figured out a way to use dropbox to insert images but it still is not really easy. I can't paste a link in the dialog box that opens when trying to add image to post. I am using thumb keyboard and Dolphin HD browser. Is this just a keyboard or browser issue? If I could paste there it would be fairly easy. Thanks for any thoughts.

Are you trying to upload these picture via androidtablets.net through dolphin browser? I would download the androidtablets app or tapatalk app and attach images through one of those apps from the nook. See if that works.

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
Are you trying to upload these picture via androidtablets.net through dolphin browser? I would download the androidtablets app or tapatalk app and attach images through one of those apps from the nook. See if that works.

Yes, that is what I was trying to do. I'll give those apps a try, thanks.

archat68

Feb 6, 2011
Got mine yesterday. Rooted and installed Phiremod-nook-V5.1 (GB). Pretty fast and stable still now. But can't get the Bluetooth to work. Isn't BT supported on phiremod-nook-V5.1?