NOOKcolor Owners thread

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Jun 3, 2011
Good afternoon! I realize I need to do some more reading around the Forum here, but would anyone be able to point me to some instructions on how to take a screen shot of the Rooted Nook color "desktop" in order to post a pic?

TIA :)

ETA: I ended up Googling and believe I solved my own problem... off to play... err attempt something technical lol

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well just in case you didn't solve your own problem you can take a screen shoot on a rooted device by holding the n button and quickly tapping the vol - button :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ha ha, just watched the schnoidz video. Love the pig cam action! :D

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Good afternoon! I realize I need to do some more reading around the Forum here, but would anyone be able to point me to some instructions on how to take a screen shot of the Rooted Nook color "desktop" in order to post a pic?

TIA :)

ETA: I ended up Googling and believe I solved my own problem... off to play... err attempt something technical lol

Hi Tia,wellcome to the forum ! Whenever you need something just open a thread on nook or nook technical with your question,everybody is here to help and share....no need to google.As soon as you take a screenshot besides here you can post it over at "Themes and Wallpapers" where you'll find a sticky- just SCREENSHOTS -a thread with a lot of great screenshots. I' d love to have yours as well
Gloria

RWM

Jun 3, 2011
Rico - I don't want to waste your time with my stupidity however How can I get my NC to look like yours??? I killed it already. Dead, won't boot without the sd. I've jumped from thread to thread, so I can't tell you what I've done......please help.

Jun 3, 2011
Hi, Gloria. My name is actually Bailey (see signature) TIA = Thank-you In Advance regarding my prior post. :) Hope you had a great weekend! I'll be posting a screen shot soon. :D

Calanthe42

Apr 25, 2011
I know you have explained umpteen million times how to do a screenshot with the "holding down the N and tap the volume- button." I still get the volume screen every time. Is this because I am running off an SD card?
I am trying to join members...is my signature OK?
Loving my Nook! I snicker to myself every time my Sister-in-law brags about her ipad...and how every app costs "only $5 each..."
Hee hee hee.....

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I know you have explained umpteen million times how to do a screenshot with the "holding down the N and tap the volume- button." I still get the volume screen every time. Is this because I am running off an SD card?
Well, this IS a 57-page thread (OMG, for real?). So, somewhere back on p. 3 I might have said: "make sure to TAP the volume-down button firmly AND quickly." Like a nice decisive "click". Like you're snapping a potato chip in half. Quick and clean. ;) If it works, NOTHING should happen...wait...and then "ta-da!" you get the notification. It's kind of a "measure twice, cut once" sort of thing.

-Matt

Calanthe42

Apr 25, 2011
Yep...I printed page 3. 13, 57 etc about screen shots. It just "ain't" happening. No notification...nothing.
OMG...I got a Nook that is "photo shy."
I will cope and love it anyway....maybe take a picture with a camera.
Off to try and bolster it's self confidence......Ha!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Aw man, that stinks. Maybe you can send it to me for a little bit of "therapy"? ;)

-Matt

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep...I printed page 3. 13, 57 etc about screen shots. It just "ain't" happening. No notification...nothing.
OMG...I got a Nook that is "photo shy."
I will cope and love it anyway....maybe take a picture with a camera.
Off to try and bolster it's self confidence......Ha!

You say you ar running off a SD card meaning you are most likely running a ROM other than stock rooted. The n & vol- only works for stock rooted Nooks. For other ROMs you need to get a screenshot app from the Market. Not all ROMs are capable of taking screenshots, particularly any of the CM7 builds before stable have kernel issues not allowing screenshots.

Let us know what you are running and we should be able to help you figure it out.

JP

Calanthe42

Apr 25, 2011
Nope...will not pry this baby from my cold dead hands.

The neatest thing is the way I am back to reading voraciously. I credit the Nook Color. As an e-reader this is great...the full android tablet part is just gravy.
Why would anyone spend $500 to just gain a camera?
Nook Color Rocks!