NOOKcolor Owners thread

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Wellcome Sue, you signed- nook color-but you should sign-rooted nook color- .......huge difference! !!!!!!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Matt, I'm just reading about posting a picture of the nook... ,i really don’t know anything....how. do I do that.......you need a female nook color in here
gloria

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
4242f9d9-54c2-471e.jpg

Here's mine!

sent from my rooted nook color

I was sent a message asking what my configuration was, so I though I would post for everyone

- I am using Adw.launcher with a theme instead of Zeam.Row and Columns set to 8x8. ADW.Launcher - Android app on AppBrain
- The battery widget at top is called battsatt widget BattStatt Free - Android app on AppBrain
- Clock is D-Clock Widget D-Clock Widget - Android app on AppBrain
- I got the wallpaper from flikie Black Space
- I am using LCD density changer lite from XDA [APP] LCD Density Changer - create HighRes screen effect - xda-developers

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Matt, I'm just reading about posting a picture of the nook... ,i really don’t know anything....how. do I do that.......you need a female nook color in here
gloria
Gloria, it takes a few steps, here's the first: from your homescreen, press and hold down the "n" button (at the bottom) and then quickly press (and release) the volume-down button (upper right side). That takes the picture, which is stored on the Nook's internal memory. If you hook up the Nook to your computer, look in the /media/Screenshots folder and you should find your picture there!

-Matt

nookie

Jan 26, 2011
I am a new and proud owner of Nook. Please count me in the club. Hoping to explore the android world with the help of you all.

Here's my screenshot. Any feedback is welcome.

180c7040-f6a2-28b0.jpg

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 1-27-2011

Added:
-suefourmet
-idontknow
-nookie

Welcome and suefourmet, you are in good hand with us here at Anroidtablets.net. :)

idontknow, your are very welcome, although I didn't help much. All thanks go to Matt "the Great", hope you get promoted to mod soon, definitely deserve it more than me. :)

nookie, that is an awesome home screen, I have to ask what launcher, theme and widgets are you using.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I am a new and proud owner of Nook. Please count me in the club. Hoping to explore the android world with the help of you all.

Here's my screenshot. Any feedback is welcome.

180c7040-f6a2-28b0.jpg

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

What are the widgets called you are using for the battery and date? Are you using Launcher Pro as your launcher?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
idontknow, your are very welcome, although I didn't help much. All thanks go to Matt "the Great", hope you get promoted to mod soon, definitely deserve it more than me. :)
Oh, I still insist you're much more concise and diplomatic than me! Maybe I should start using that "every 4th word" rule and see if anything I say makes sense...

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Oh, I still insist you're much more concise and diplomatic than me! Maybe I should start using that "every 4th word" rule and see if anything I say makes sense...

-Matt

Naw, I may be more concise but I think I come off as being a little cold in some of my posts. You are better with people than I think I am. Btw, there are a lot of users logged in today. :)

AshleyBDG

Jan 27, 2011
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, I've been reading and trying to make sense of everything I've been reading here the last few days, and my hubby is on his way right now to buy me my new Nook Color so thought I'd officially register. I've been reading so much lately about rooting and all that jazz I've actually started dreaming about it all, lol.

I want to root it but honestly am a bit scared, I'm far from a techie and I don't understand half of the things you guys talk about, but I'm trying. I may get a friend to do it for me. Wish there was a youtube out there with step-by-step since I don't know the jargon, but anyway, I'm SOO excited to finally be getting my nook. I'll be back later when I actually have it in hand! I'm totally new to Android as well, so I'm sure I'll be here quite a bit trying to figure things out. So nice to have found this forum, you guys are all so nice and supportive to eachother.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Wellcome Ashley...,I did see somebody explaining the whole process on u- tube,so clearly that I wished I saw it before rooting even though my rooting went super smooth thanks to all the guys here.Do it with a friend sd I did…2 is better than one at times!! Read all the process through,check u tube and when u are ready go for it....the reward is huuuuge!!!
gloria!"

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Wellcome Ashley...,I did see somebody explaining the whole process on u- tube,so clearly that I wished I saw it before rooting even though my rooting went super smooth thanks to all the guys here.Do it with a friend sd I did…2 is better than one at times!! Read all the process through,check u tube and when u are ready go for it....the reward is huuuuge!!!
gloria!"

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Welcome to the insanity Ashley...let me tell you, rooting is NOT hard to do (as long as you can follow step-by-step instructions). It took me about 20 minutes to root my NookColor (and I didn't have the right hardware to do it properly)...and I have found that this community is great support for questions. I didn't have a lick of Android experience before I bought my NC.

Its understandable to be overwhelmed with all the great info on this site, but if you want to root, just read the thread about rooting...the rest can wait. Read through the directions for rooting a couple times, and ask questions if you don't understand a term. Take it one step at a time and learn to crawl, and before long, you will realize you are running full bore.

There is still so much I don't understand, but I try and expand my understanding every day.

The most important step is already done, you got the nook.

Look forward to your questions, and hey, maybe you will ask a question that I can answer! :)