11-01-16-4.png

And yes...4 degrees and cloudy. Nice.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 1-16-2011

Added:
-CLSmith
-APHawki

APHawki is that a high of 19? Pretty snuggle up to your NC to keep warm. :)
What live wallpaper are you using?

APHawki

Jan 13, 2011
Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 1-16-2011

Added:
-CLSmith
-APHawki

APHawki is that a high of 19? Pretty snuggle up to your NC to keep warm. :)
What live wallpaper are you using?

Oh yeah high of 19...lovely. Actually that was just a regular background. Didn't even know about live ones until just a bit ago. Now I am running the Solar Winds live wallpaper...really really like that one!

riffraff

Jan 18, 2011
"Hi everybody!"

New member here, first post. Finally rooted my NC the other day, saw the androidtablets.net app in the Market, and well, here I am. :)

I'll have to get a screen-shot on here soon.

Edited to add screen-shot:

$11-01-18-2.png

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Usually I don't associate with riffraff but in this case I'll make an exception. Welcome!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 1-19-2011

Added:
-breebauer
-markiej
-riffraff

We are growing every day. :)

luckyduck

Jan 22, 2011
Hey all,

Add me to the list.
Thanks to all for the great info - rooted w/market working, but did not see the 2.1 update.
Can some re-post the link?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hey all,

Add me to the list.
Thanks to all for the great info - rooted w/market working, but did not see the 2.1 update.
Can some re-post the link?

Welcome. :)
Need a screenshot or Nookcolor added to your forum signature to join and sure you can re-post a link.

Terabyt3Bob

Jan 23, 2011
This is a 'HI' and a 'Thank You' post to everyone, specifically the contributors on the Nook thread. I've been researching and got a Nook, subsequently rooted, because of the largely positive comments and reviews of this site. It was a device that wasn't extremely expensive but still has enuff pizazz to perform most of the basic tasks, games, etc. that I enjoy from a tablet these days.

Still customizing the table and whatnot, trying to get the android sdk sideload thing going on my Win 7 / 64 bit machine (hitting a dead end for some reason), but in time I'm sure that will fall in place. I got a large part of the rooting / customization done this afternoon alone.

Thanks for a righteous forum, those answers are in here somewhere.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hey Bob (awesome screen name!). :) I've rooted 4 or 5 times and STILL had trouble with ADB the last time. :( What I realized and finally worked out is that in Device Manager, I needed to IGNORE the entries (was it called "Portable Devices") where the Nook showed up as "Nook" and "external drive" and focus instead down on the list of USB controllers. When I found right entry under USB controllers and updated the driver using the one I'd put in the ADB folder, voila it worked! Not sure if that is meaningful info, but I hope it helps!

-Matt