NOOKcolor Owners thread

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
The screen is ridiculously awesome on the nook color.

sent from my rooted nook color

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Anyone notice the S7 and iPhone in his signature? I think he could be a spy. :rolleyes: Well, even if that's true, I still think we can bring him around to the Nook!

-Matt

... or perhaps he/she is genuinely interesting in the Nook Color. Fellow forum members are always welcome here and encouragement goes along way. :)

oogam

Feb 5, 2011
Just got my nook color yesterday at Walmat for 249.00 after I heard B & N pulled them off thee shelf and wouldn't be shipping for 2 weeks I had to drive to Woodland,Wa as they where the only folks in the area to still have any they had 3 now they have 2. Best Buy was out & so was B&N.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Just got my nook color yesterday at Walmat for 249.00 after I heard B & N pulled them off thee shelf and wouldn't be shipping for 2 weeks I had to drive to Woodland,Wa as they where the only folks in the area to still have any they had 3 now they have 2. Best Buy was out & so was B&N.

Welcome aboard! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

oogam

Feb 5, 2011
Thanks to be honest I haven't even unpacked it yet. But it looks like you folks have most of the answer so i'm sure I will be asking several myself.

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
I'm baaack! Here's the latest... I have spent the last three days playing with the NC, but mostly struggling to see if I could use Froyo loaded onto an sd card to use it. I actually was able to easily get the Froyo image on the SD card and then boot from that to the NC. The hard part, and as it turned out, impossible for me so far, was (is) trying to get the Google Apps onto the same card. I downloaded and installed ADB and the ADB drivers (I think correctly) but after trying several hundred iterations and approaches, I just couldn't get the command line to do the job for me. Interestingly enough, I didn't get the same error message each time. I think the most recent message was something like: mount = I/O error (or something similar to that). I've finally given up, for awhile at least, and really, the main reason I tried so hard to get Froyo working was that I loved that it made the writing larger on the screen. I want to read some of my Kindle books on the NC, but I can't come close to getting the font as large as it is supposed to be. I know it has something to do with the LCD density, but I'm not up for trying to mess with that, yet. :confused:

Sue

wparker80

Feb 5, 2011
I just want to say that I am a long time lurker and I recently purchased a Nook Color. I have enjoyed every second of it. Thanks to everyone on this forum on getting pointed in the right direction.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Mine is just one or the many" wellcomes" you'll receive... glad to see that the rooted nook color family is growing and happy
Gloria

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Well I joined the ranks today. I will be rooting and playing with honeycomb sometime in the next few days. Looking forward to cyanogen too.. so far it is pretty awesome.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Just picked mine up today at BN, so far I love it, now to root it. Thanks for all the help.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Welcome to all the new folks! It's great seeing new people coming into the fold (did that sound a bit cultish or was it just me?)

Anyway, welcome...you will be issued your Nike's and your purple cloth soon.