novo 7 paladin firmwire update 4.0.3

novo7user

Jan 17, 2012
I have noticed on the ainol website that a 4.0.3 firmwire update is aviable for the novo 7 paladin. Can anybody confirm what the actual update improves and if it works?

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
I have noticed on the ainol website that a 4.0.3 firmwire update is aviable for the novo 7 paladin. Can anybody confirm what the actual update improves and if it works?
I updated to 4.0.3 and haven't found any problems. The only thing is the large amount of games come with it. I can't play most games because I don't know how and can't read instructions in Chinese. It was easy enough to delete the unwanted games.

Regards - John

novo7user

Jan 17, 2012
Hi jabby, have you noticed any improvents in the wifi? Also in the menu system on the tablet why does it say no system update avaiable on my 4.0.1 but the update is on the ainol website?

I updated to 4.0.3 and haven't found any problems. The only thing is the large amount of games come with it. I can't play most games because I don't know how and can't read instructions in Chinese. It was easy enough to delete the unwanted games.

Regards - John

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Hi jabby, have you noticed any improvents in the wifi? Also in the menu system on the tablet why does it say no system update avaiable on my 4.0.1 but the update is on the ainol website?
I don't know about the wifi. As soon as I saw the Paladin was working I did the update. My wifi analyzer app shows it working as well as my other tablets and I don't have any disconnect problems.

I have no answer for your second question - as the Chinese say "c'est la vie".:p

Regards - John

Last edited:

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Does this also work with the Elf?
I don't think so, but maybe. The Paladin (MIPS) and Elf (Cortex) have different processors and there is an update for the Elf on the Ainol website.

Regards - John

Last edited:

BoltGnut

Jan 14, 2012
I'm willing to wait until this gets a little easier. I'll keep googling mips, ics4.0.3, etc until I can find a proven simple way to upgrad.

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
[h=2]novo 7 paladin firmwire update 4.0.3[/h]

I don't know where to look on the Ainol website for the update. I get a notice saying it is translated but it is still in Chinese. Can you send the link

sokoll99

Jan 30, 2012
Has anyone attempted to update using this package? Good results? Bad? I have never performed an update and would like to make sure I can recover the device are there any tutorials out there that work?

myogui

Jan 20, 2012
can someone check if this update fixes the annoying "Unfortunately, Android system has stopped." message that pops in some apps that use google account (specially google reader apps like gReader, newsRob, etc).