Problem finding downloaded files

Prism

Dec 27, 2011
Hi
I purchased a cheap 7" tablet Pc from Amazon for my wife and have been pretty impressed so far. The wifi set up was easy but I have found my first problem. I had already downloaded the kindle app from Market and wanted some of the ebook,s that I have on my Pc, transferred onto the tablet. So the easiest way i could think of(no connecting leads) was to send myself an email with the files attached and then open the sent email onthe tablet and download the files from there. This seemed to go well when I clicked on the files it came up 'downloading file'.
The problem is I cannot locate those downloaded files on the tablet anywhere. I have tried various search apps but none of them can find them. Unfortunately, there was no way of deciding where the downloaded files would go, it didn't give that option.
any ideas?

the tablet has android 2.2 on it

thanks

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
Sounds like they downloaded, but didn't install.

Not familiar with your tablet, but use a file manager (many free ones) to open files. I use Astro. Once you see files, you may see a folder labeled "downloads". See if they are there. If so, tap them (individually) and install.

Starting here, as it seems the easiest...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Prism

Dec 27, 2011
Sounds like they downloaded, but didn't install.

Not familiar with your tablet, but use a file manager (many free ones) to open files. I use Astro. Once you see files, you may see a folder labeled "downloads". See if they are there. If so, tap them (individually) and install.

Starting here, as it seems the easiest...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Many thanks, i'll give it a try