Problems with Jellybean update

omcon

Aug 20, 2012
Hey, new to the forum.
Having an issue with the Jellybean update.
It upgraded yesterday, and now my HDMI audio won't work.
It worked flawlessly before, now I've got issues. MX player, BS player, even Google Play music player have no audio on my tv. Any ideas? I'd be perfectly happy with going back to ICS.
Any help would be very appreciated

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hey, new to the forum.
Having an issue with the Jellybean update.
It upgraded yesterday, and now my HDMI audio won't work.
It worked flawlessly before, now I've got issues. MX player, BS player, even Google Play music player have no audio on my tv. Any ideas? I'd be perfectly happy with going back to ICS.
Any help would be very appreciated

I would suggest doing a complete backup and a factory reset. Some of the apps what were on ICS have not been optimized yet for JB and a factory reset will clear it out. When setting your TF back up do NOT check the box to sync with Google or ASUS. Restore the apps and data in small batches with restarts between batches.

Your only other possible option would be to locate the app that's causing problems but that could take forever with the possibility of no success.

omcon

Aug 20, 2012
It's not necessarily just one app. It's the fact that my HDMI out worked perfectly before the JB update, and now I've got video but no sound, in every app I try. This is my first Android device, so I'm new to this. Is there any way to revert back to ICS?

Also, would a factory reset revert back to ICS, since it's a firmware update?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's not necessarily just one app. It's the fact that my HDMI out worked perfectly before the JB update, and now I've got video but no sound, in every app I try. This is my first Android device, so I'm new to this. Is there any way to revert back to ICS?

Also, would a factory reset revert back to ICS, since it's a firmware update?

I completely understand re the one app issue but since the problem you are having has not appeared for everyone that has received the JB update I'm suspicious that an app you have on your TF300 is somehow blocking something that would normally allow the port to work. But I AM just guessing.

Yes, a factory reset wipes the system but no it won't go back to ICS. It would be a clean JB.

omcon

Aug 20, 2012
Well, I've done a factory reset, and I've tried the HDMI since doing so, and the same issue persists. The only app I've installed since is this app for the forum. I've run out of ideas. Any ideas, guys?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Well, I've done a factory reset, and I've tried the HDMI since doing so, and the same issue persists. The only app I've installed since is this app for the forum. I've run out of ideas. Any ideas, guys?

If you didn't set your TF300 to sync with Google or ASUS when you set it back up you may need to exchange it.

Just an fyi that there have been situations where 3 factory resets were needed to completely clear everything out. Even if that doesn't make sense.

omcon

Aug 20, 2012
I can try it two more times. I dunno what else could be the problem. Call ASUS, maybe? After two more resets, if that doesn't work, I'm calling them to see if it's a hardware issue.

dougy761

Aug 25, 2012
I have updated my system to Jellybean this morning as the "install" screen kep coming back like a bad penny. I now too cannot get any sound output over HDMI and have now done 3 factory resets. I assume that this must be a coding issue and hope ASUS release a patch pdq.

jgaf

Aug 26, 2012
I'm having the same problem on my VIORE TV, sound its not going through. Although, the update fixed the scaling problem I had with my TV (since it has no overscan options). Anyways it seems to be an incompatibility with some TVs I tried it on a Sony TV and sound worked. I send a message to ASUS support with a link to this thread, hopefully the will come up with an answer and fix this on the next update.

IBillyC

Mar 11, 2013
I too am having the same problems as you guys. Everything worked fine with ICS, since I upgraded, no sound to my tv via the hdmi. I really think it has to do with some sort of bug in the upgrade. I'm hoping enough people report the problem to ASUS so they can get out an update to fix that bug.

Billy C.