Record & Note at the same time

MustGoFast

May 24, 2011
Can someone point me in the direction of an app like soundnote. It's one of the best iPad apps out there and so far I've been able to find nothing even slightly comparable on droid for my Xoom and am getting a bit frustrated as I want the functionality to record and take notes on it at the same time.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
check out NoteEverything and iNote, both are in the market.

MustGoFast

May 24, 2011
check out NoteEverything and iNote, both are in the market.

But neither of those allows you to record audio while making notes. Soundnote allows me to record a meeting and make notes on a notepad at hte same time and then by choosing a note it will queue the audio to the point at which the note was made.

I can't explain just how powerful this app is in a business meeting! I don't want an iPad, but I'm struggling to find anything in android that can do the same thing.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
don't know what to tell you. I would guess something is probably coming that might have that all together. I personally use LiveScribe for notetaking and recording, and Evernote for the management, but I don't know of a single app for Android that does both simultaneously right now.

MustGoFast

May 24, 2011
don't know what to tell you. I would guess something is probably coming that might have that all together. I personally use LiveScribe for notetaking and recording, and Evernote for the management, but I don't know of a single app for Android that does both simultaneously right now.

Thanks... I can't find it either and have been trying and searching like mad. This is likely the difference for me between keeping my xoom or buying an ipad :(

May 31, 2013
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to add my two cents for those who happen to come across this. Since the last post (back in May of 2011), a couple of Android apps have been made that do what SoundNote does. One is AudioNote, and the other is TapNotes.

Although AudioNote works okay, I think it's been abandoned by the developer. (It was last updated a couple years ago.) TapNotes seems to show more promise, though. It allows you to record sound and tag it with notes at the same time. The features right now are kinda limited, but the dev seems pretty responsive and is updating it pretty regularly. So far it's come in handy for taking notes in classes. Anyway, hope this helps others.

techahead

May 29, 2013
have you tried evernote audio note management
here is how you can take audio notes in evernote

Code:
http://www.wikihow.com/Create-Audio-Notes-in-Evernote