[RECOVERY] Official ClockworkMod Recovery Information and Versions

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I can say that with my NC, I was able to flash backups from ext4 to ext3 back to ext4 over and over. This means that I can now create a backup of my CM7, wipe and install something completely different for testing or article purposes, wipe it and restore my CM7 for daily use. Woot! Woot! (Definitely deserves the double woot)

Thanks for testing that out for us!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
So Faceman, would it be safe now to try to backup my B&N 1.1.0 Autonootered 3 rom with Rom manager v3.0.1.2? The first time I attempted it, (like a month ago) I had the problem where it kept booting into CWR, now I'm running gun shy about doing it again. I would like to back up what I have, and know that it will work in case I mess something up. I know the information is somewhere on this site, but I'm always afraid that I'm going follow some old instructions and hose it again.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
So Faceman, would it be safe now to try to backup my B&N 1.1.0 Autonootered 3 rom with Rom manager v3.0.1.2? The first time I attempted it, (like a month ago) I had the problem where it kept booting into CWR, now I'm running gun shy about doing it again. I would like to back up what I have, and know that it will work in case I mess something up. I know the information is somewhere on this site, but I'm always afraid that I'm going follow some old instructions and hose it again.

I would do a few things:
1. Update ROM Manager via Market to latest version
2. Flash latest CWR from within ROM Manager (make sure you power off and back on manually afterwords)
3. Upon reboot, go into RM and select the Reboot to Recovery option
4. If recovery console loads up, just select the reboot to get back to normal

If that cycle works with no issue, then you should be fine. If anything there breaks, please let me know where.what broke. Of course the solution would be the same as last time (flashable CWR removal, etc.).

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Ok thanks, I will give it a try as soon as I get home and hopefully conquer my fears.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Okay Faceman, I followed your instructions and after flashing CWR I rebooted and went back in and said to boot into recover and it did and then I chose reboot and now I'm back to normal. Does that mean that everything is okay?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
You should be fine. Make a backup and move forward.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
When I try to backup current rom from inside of the rom manager it reboots into CWR then at about 90% of the backup it stops and says it "can't mount /system!". When I check the backup it only has boot.img file in it. Tried this several times. Am I doing this the right way?

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
When I try to backup current rom from inside of the rom manager it reboots into CWR then at about 90% of the backup it stops and says it "can't mount /system!". When I check the backup it only has boot.img file in it. Tried this several times. Am I doing this the right way?

That's the issue with CWR that folks are having and we dont have an explanation yet. But if you go into ROM Manager and Flash recovery again but select the 'Nook Color (old)' it should fix the issue. Try that. And if you already have, then select 'Nook Color' when flashing CWR. For some reason, people are having trouble with one or the other. Pick the right one and things work as intended.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Nook Color (old) did the trick and I'm all backed up, thanks faceman. Now to consider flashing to something newer.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I would like to just put out there, that if anyone here has had issues using CWR v3.0.1.0 (the can't mount /system error or others) when they selected the 'Nook Color' device, but it worked when they selected the 'Nook Color (Old)' device, to please post their experience over at XDA. I know there is a reason behind this, but nemith refuses to acknowledge my inquiries, and maybe if a few more folks asked about it, we might get more than the "DON'T USE OLD!!!!" type of answer.

[RECOVERY] Official CWM 3.0.1.0 Update - xda-developers

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I've read this thread twice, and I'm a little confused about where we are today because of the edits that have taken place as a result of the various updates. If it's not too obnoxious here is where I am and where I'd like to go:

I'm on rooted B&N 1.1 with the 1.1GHz omap3630 kernel as per these instructions: Updating Your Rooted Nook Color to 1.1 & Speeding Up to 1100MHz | Saugus Union School District
I think I have the latest version of Rom Manager (I updated it last week and there is no update showing in the market).
I just backed up my NC and saved it to my desktop.
**I need to backup my apps with Ti Backup so that I can easily add them to whatever froyo or gingerbread rom I use right?**

Next, I'm under the impression that I need to flash CWR 3.0.1.0. Is that correct? I saw in the thread that it's up to 3.0.1.2 now... Assuming I use the flashable 3.0.1.0 the steps are:

**EDIT as I reread the how to on Rom Manager and CWR http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html **

1) download the flashable 3.0.1.0 zip file from this thread.
2) copy zip file to sd card
3) open Rom Manager and select "flash clockworkmod recovery"
4) then manually reboot the NC and you are good to go?

I'm not sure if 3) and 4) are correct...

Once the above is all good to go, then I can download froyo or gingerbread and somehow use Ti Backup to reload my apps and I'm good to go right...

Last edited:

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
I've updated to CWR v 3.0.1.0 successfully. I'm running Rom Mgr 3.0.1.2.

I just rebooted into recovery to do full backup as I'd flashed a new ROM last night. I noticed when it started backup, it said "CWR v 3.0.0.5". After backup completed, I went back into ROM mgr and confirmed it lists my CWR as v 3.0.1.0.

Everything is working fine. I'm just curious what's going on with these references to older versions of CWR.

Mark

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I just tried to flash CWR to 3.0.1.0 and did a manual reboot. I don't think anything happened. Rom Manager shows CWR of 3.0.0.5. I did just noticed that my Rom Manager says it is version 3.0.0.7. Do I need to be using a newer version of Rom Manager to flash to the 3.0.1.0 version of CWR? If so, do I uninstall Rom Manager with Ti Backup and then install the newer one?

Thanks

**EDIT** For the record, I used the Nook Color Old option...

Last edited: