/data yaffs2 userdata
/misc mtd misc
/recovery mtd recovery
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0
/sd-ext ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
/sdcard2 vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1
/system yaffs2 system

thats the recovery.fstab as needed for version 3 and saving backups to /sdcard
as you can see you change this to save to sdcard2 (i prefer since my /sdcard is internal)

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
what do you mean refuses to flash?

as long as you have Huawei USB driver installed and your fastboot working, it should work. (except too many bad block in your recovery partition)

download this : http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...13554-windows-batch-tool-huawei-ideos-s7.html

it will help you install usb driver and flash recovery.img (just drop file recovery.img in the same folder)

All drivers properly installed and fastboot working OK (I use it for my Orange San Francisco).
But S7 won't go into recovery flash mode!

Link temp removed!

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
goodane deserves full credit for this especially now that he figured out the screen scaling on the new Froyo ROM, and razor950 before me for setting up the device tree. I didn't do much.

Anyways thanks :)

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Great work on this. I put this on last night with no problems, made a back-up and then flashed joenilan's Rom and made a back-up of that and everything is working great. Nice work on getting this done for 2.2!

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
i hope you can get adb working, i think i have an idea of how we can get the radio and just add it to a custom zip and flash the radio and rom at the same time, bypassing having to update through the indonesian update just to get the radio...

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
As far as I know radio can be flashed only as radio.img and we have only mbn file format.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Tapatalk

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
right but with an old version of nandroid we may be able to extract the radio.img from recovery
just a thought.

Last edited:

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
i think adb is a kernel beast not a radio one
and i dont believe we can make old radio work with new kernel so we must do all we can to fix this adb error

then recovery doesnt have a radio in there....i didnt see one.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
No no I mean from recovery on 2.2 we maybe ables to run the old nandroid script and dump the radio. I remember from g1 days the old nandroid dumps the radio also as radio.img ... running nandroid from adb recovery

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Apr 26, 2011
Sorry for the another noob question but I just am not up to speed with this whole thing... I followed all of the steps including flashing the recovery.img with the batch file... But the instructions are vague as to what to do once we are in the recovery console... any help will be appreciated!! BTW, is there a way to check for a sucessfull recovery flash?

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
can you post a link to download ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8 for 2.2.2 ? i failure to download the file . please help

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Sorry for the another noob question but I just am not up to speed with this whole thing... I followed all of the steps including flashing the recovery.img with the batch file... But the instructions are vague as to what to do once we are in the recovery console... any help will be appreciated!! BTW, is there a way to check for a sucessfull recovery flash?

hold menu+send+power buttons.
but sometimes i can not get this work, not sure why.

but for sure using adb command will do the job : adb reboot recovery
it is the same thing with my script.