[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

Jota

May 25, 2011
are u complety sure that it was the kernel? (e.g. did u tried the stock rom with the an older kernel? or vice versa?)

Well, asturel, you see, Xvon has a s7-105...

That audio noise glitch was there on 2.2.2, when one tries to use a Slim based rom on the S7 classic... (for instance, Trizet's rom)
if you then change the kernel, the noise goes away...

So, it is probably something in the kernel config, I would guess, but it is not your rom's fault!

One more thing...
I've posted 2 or 3 times here asking if you are going to build a kernel for the s7_10x series, but you probably did not read the posts because you never reply....
If you want to build that kernels, me and others will be happy to help you debugging the problems...

Thank you!

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
I have cypress120_ts_i2c_drv.c for testing (touch screen for 105)

i just need to know how to apply it on the system :p lol...

since it swaps the Y coordinate when right finger is above left finger (if we look at landscape screen) i'm saving wich is above (1 for left, 2 for right finger) when you press with the 2nd finger...
when they cross i swap the top_finger... if finger 1 is above it acts like it was acting already... if figner 2 is above i swap the Y coordinate from finger 1 and 2 so it acts more normal.... if it bugs you can allways take finger out of screen and put again....

but i need to know how to put this on device in order to test how it acts :S

Last edited:

beenhow

Sep 29, 2011
bug report: the bluetooth can be used. but when i use a bt earphone, i can connect the phone with it. the call and audio both can picked. phone call is ok, but audio can not be used. that is to say. i can not use bt earphone to music listening. hope can fix it! ps: in the lastest cm10.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
@co0led
You need to build the kernel with that driver included. Get the kernel source from asturel github put the patched driver where is belong to and configure the kernel to include that driver too. Make (build) the kernel then use the ramdisk from asturel boot.img to build your own boot.img,then test your new boot.img on your device. (you need a linux masine)

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
@co0led
You need to build the kernel with that driver included. Get the kernel source from asturel github put the patched driver where is belong to and configure the kernel to include that driver too. Make (build) the kernel then use the ramdisk from asturel boot.img to build your own boot.img,then test your new boot.img on your device. (you need a linux masine)
holly cow...! lol

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
If you willing to try I my build one for you. But it is allready a build for cm9105 have you tryied ?..

Last edited:

PerGert

Aug 30, 2012
I tried to test CM10 today, but I couldn't get tablet ui to work, changing build.prop as written on page 23 caused some weird acting of UI (no status bar and whole screen was moved slightly to the left with a black bar on the right part of the screen) so back to CM9 now.
You'll have to change a density to 128 (120?) or smaller but for me the text is too small and pixelated.

I've also can't get a full tablet UI without changing density. The closest i get is with a build.prop settings changed to:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]smallestScreenWidthDp=721[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]forcetabletUI=1/2[/FONT][/COLOR]
I don't know why but it works... partially :D

Tested with other settings but SystemUi crashes at start or Trebouchet is getting a FC.

I also had not a slightes idea how tablet ui works for this guy:
(Maybe he used a older version?)
The tablet ui:
On my S7 Slim maked under the guidance of asturel the following:
adb pull /system/build.prop
Edit the build.prop:
smallestScreenWidthDp=0
forcetabletUI=0
to
smallestScreenWidthDp=721
forcetabletUI=1
adb push build.prop /sdcard/ && adb remount rw && adb shell "cat /sdcard/build.prop > /system/build.prop && reboot"

BTW. Have anyone tried to disable CPU rendering?

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
If you willing to try I my build one for you. But it is allready a build for cm9105 have you tryied ?..
i think it is the one i currently have on my tab... the touch works, but, multitouch is buggy cause it swappes the fingers Y cordinates when right finger is above left finger... thats what i'm trying to minimize... i'll send you the file as soon as i am finish... i need to rethink one thing

currently its like:
i have some code to calculate the top finger (1 or 2)

if finger 2 is above finger 1
position[0][0] = pTSEventInfo->x1_pos;
position[0][1] = pTSEventInfo->y1_pos;
position[1][0] = pTSEventInfo->x2_pos;
position[1][1] = pTSEventInfo->y2_pos;
else
position[0][1] = pTSEventInfo->y2_pos;
position[1][1] = pTSEventInfo->y1_pos;

finger 1 means left finger
finger 2 means right finger

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
co0led said:
i think it is the one i currently have on my tab... the touch works, but, multitouch is buggy cause it swappes the fingers Y cordinates when right finger is above left finger... thats what i'm trying to minimize... i'll send you the file as soon as i am finish... i need to rethink one thing

currently its like:
i have some code to calculate the top finger (1 or 2)

if finger 2 is above finger 1
position[0][1] = pTSEventInfo->y1_pos;
position[1][1] = pTSEventInfo->y2_pos;
else
position[0][1] = pTSEventInfo->y2_pos;
position[1][1] = pTSEventInfo->y1_pos;

finger 1 means left finger
finger 2 means right finger

There is a topic for S7 fat and this topic is for slim..i dont know why are you all posting here ..it makes topic chaotic so people who want find info about slim are probably lost because most post here are for s7 fat ..

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
bug report: the bluetooth can be used. but when i use a bt earphone, i can connect the phone with it. the call and audio both can picked. phone call is ok, but audio can not be used. that is to say. i can not use bt earphone to music listening. hope can fix it! ps: in the lastest cm10.

i cant support things what i didnt own. especially without any logcat/dmesg/etc.

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
i cant support things what i didnt own. especially without any logcat/dmesg/etc.

Can you overclock kernel a little..like 800 mhz to be 1 ghz and 1ghz like 1.15. .it can be always downgraded with set cpy or similar program

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
There is a topic for S7 fat and this topic is for slim..i dont know why are you all posting here ..it makes topic chaotic so people who want find info about slim are probably lost because most post here are for s7 fat ..
i see you only think about yourself... all the developers (either Slim and Fat ones) are focused on this topic and all contributing with what they can/know for the testings in order to create a good CM9/10 for every S7 user... its really rude from you to just arrive and say "get out of here and let him focus on MY device!" when we all can take advantages on working together

edit: about the touchscreen... i was beeing really stupid... i dont need to save the top finger... i just need calculate the distance and define the values the best way so my finger 1 dont make a jump to the other corner

Last edited:

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
co0led said:
i see you only think about yourself... all the developers (either Slim and Fat ones) are focused on this topic and all contributing with what they can/know for the testings in order to create a good CM9/10 for every S7 user... its really rude from you to just arrive and say "get out of here and let him focus on MY device!" when we all can take advantages on working together

stuff about s7 kernel should be in s7 topic..rom is different story because is the same.And this not "my device" ..there is organisation of forums for some reason.

alien302

Oct 17, 2011
You'll have to change a density to 128 (120?) or smaller but for me the text is too small and pixelated.

I've also can't get a full tablet UI without changing density. The closest i get is with a build.prop settings changed to:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]smallestScreenWidthDp=721[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]forcetabletUI=1/2[/FONT][/COLOR]
I don't know why but it works... partially :D

Tested with other settings but SystemUi crashes at start or Trebouchet is getting a FC.

I also had not a slightes idea how tablet ui works for this guy:
(Maybe he used a older version?)

BTW. Have anyone tried to disable CPU rendering?

I have the same problem , i have noticed there are 2 places where u can set smallestScreenWidthDp=721
forcetabletUI=1 in build.prop.