[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

duddu6

Sep 6, 2012
If someone can help me , my radio gsm it's not turning on even with the cod from 3 page,everything else it's working ok

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk 2
no answer ? i'd tryed everythinh ,install from internal card,external,erase all,format all..

PerGert

Aug 30, 2012
To everyone struggling with the tablet UI in CM10, this is what worked for me. Please note, this process can only be done via recovery mode. It will corrupt your build.prop if done otherwise, at least in my experience. I could only do it immediately after installing CM10 and GApps, without exiting recovery mode.

In recovery mode, mount both /system/ and /sdcard/.

Next, you need to open cmd and type:

Adb pull /system/build.prop c:\cm10

After that, navigate to C:\cm10 and edit build.prop with notepad. There are a few things that need to be changed. Firstly, browse to ro.sf.lcd_density=160 and change it to ro.sf.lcd_density=120. It may contain a hash/pound (like this: "#ro.sf.lcd_density=160) in which case you need to remove the hash/pound symbol.

After that, navigate further down and change smallestScreenWidthDp=0 to smallestScreenWidthDp=721 and forcetabletUI=0 to forcetabletUI=1.

Once that is done, save the file and open cmd again.
Type the following:

adb push c:\cm10\build.prop /sdcard/ && abd remount rw && adb shell "cat /sdcard/build.prop > /system/build.prop && adb reboot"

And then press enter. Please do NOT leave out the quotation marks. This will then reboot your tablet and you will be in tablet mode, with everything to scale (not huge). Please note, you can NOT use this fix to resolve blackscreen problem, and modifications to build.prop while booted normally will delete all info in it, giving you a black screen (and a 0kb build.prop) forcing you to format and reinstall the rom. Dpi changer will also cause black screen.
Your tutorial is good but you don't have to do it all in recovery. I'm using this method on system working in normal mode.

In my post i've pointed that using density=120 works but everything is too small and pixelated. I was trying to start tablet ui without changing density and user jkomuves somehow was succesfull at it :)

ere95588

Apr 17, 2011
About cm10 tablet ui, you can try ro.sf.lcd_density = 100., Or ro.sf.lcd_density = 105.
Other places without changes.
This is because 480 * 160/721 = 106, the s7 resolution so low。

HrBingR

Sep 18, 2012
You probably forget something..my PC and notebook recognise it..my iPhone and android phone recognise it ,my Samsung galaxy player recognise it and it work on all.

And i dont know why you complicated with adb..just downlod x-plore set superuser in settings go to build.prop and click edit text and that is it..

I complicated it because with any editor, as soon as I rebooted my build.prop would become 0kb big and lose all data, and I wouldn't be able to boot. Might have been fixed in recent builds, the last I tested was 09/15.

Anyways, enjoy your awesome new UI people :)

HrBingR

Sep 18, 2012
Your tutorial is good but you don't have to do it all in recovery. I'm using this method on system working in normal mode.

In my post i've pointed that using density=120 works but everything is too small and pixelated. I was trying to start tablet ui without changing density and user jkomuves somehow was succesfull at it
smile.png

Firstly, thanks for the compliment :)

It'll make it messed up if you don't change the other two properties. Also, i was using the 09/15 build, so maybe it's more stable now. I couldn't change it in the device, because my build.prop file basically got deleted upon reboot. Just documenting my experience. And regardless of where you do it, it should work.

You need to change smallestScreenWidthDp=0 and forcetabletUI=0 to get it to work. And please, when changing the latter, don't make it "forcetabletUI=1/2" because that won't work. You have to pick either 1 or 2. 2 puts the status bar in tablet mode on the right (landscape) instead of the bottom. I personally prefer "forcetabletUI=1". If you want me to, I can give a full tutorial from start to finish on how to make it work and look great, as well as pictures as I go along. If you really need it after that, I'll make a video :)
It would only be a pleasure, as I want everyone to experience this awesomeness :)

One more thing, can you (or anyone else) give me a step-by-step on the wifi tether thing? The exact app name with market link would be helpful too. I still can't get other devices to pick it up, despite following the instructions.

Density of 120 was the best for me in CM10. Any lower or higher messed things up.

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
HrBingR said:
I complicated it because with any editor, as soon as I rebooted my build.prop would become 0kb big and lose all data, and I wouldn't be able to boot. Might have been fixed in recent builds, the last I tested was 09/15.

Anyways, enjoy your awesome new UI people :)

I use x-plore since first build..try x-plore..its best file menager ever..I have use it since symbian

HrBingR

Sep 18, 2012
I use x-plore since first build..try x-plore..its best file menager ever..I have use it since symbian

I use ES Explorer, but I'll give X-plore a try :) Thanks :)

I'm on CM9 at the moment because with CM10 in a lot of apps, the menu button doesn't work (capacitive buttons disabled - why use em if I have tablet ones?) whereas in CM9 everything works fine.

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
check the pix

p.s.: check the latest build, i merged the oc'ed kernel into it, and plz feedback

I try booting last build..but no luck..it reboots after showing lock screen..no way I can enter setcpy and lower fq because reboots before that...maybe some boot.IMG with lower highest fq.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
I try booting last build..but no luck..it reboots after showing lock screen..no way I can enter setcpy and lower fq because reboots before that...maybe some boot.IMG with lower highest fq.

did u setted 'set as boot' in setcpu? maybe u can try delete setcpu /data/data in recovery
btw u could try
echo 998000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

but its stable for a day for me at 1113mhz

Last edited:

alien302

Oct 17, 2011
Firstly, thanks for the compliment :)

It'll make it messed up if you don't change the other two properties. Also, i was using the 09/15 build, so maybe it's more stable now. I couldn't change it in the device, because my build.prop file basically got deleted upon reboot. Just documenting my experience. And regardless of where you do it, it should work.

You need to change smallestScreenWidthDp=0 and forcetabletUI=0 to get it to work. And please, when changing the latter, don't make it "forcetabletUI=1/2" because that won't work. You have to pick either 1 or 2. 2 puts the status bar in tablet mode on the right (landscape) instead of the bottom. I personally prefer "forcetabletUI=1". If you want me to, I can give a full tutorial from start to finish on how to make it work and look great, as well as pictures as I go along. If you really need it after that, I'll make a video :)
It would only be a pleasure, as I want everyone to experience this awesomeness :)

One more thing, can you (or anyone else) give me a step-by-step on the wifi tether thing? The exact app name with market link would be helpful too. I still can't get other devices to pick it up, despite following the instructions.

Density of 120 was the best for me in CM10. Any lower or higher messed things up.

Thanks for your info I finally got the tablet ui to work :) :)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
did u setted 'set as boot' in setcpu? maybe u can try delete setcpu /data/data in recovery
btw u could try
echo 998000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

but its stable for a day for me at 1113mhz

I cant get to setcpu settings..it reboots before that...maybe you have stronger s7 :d What governor U use

Last edited:

gabbek

Mar 10, 2012
Can you upgrade to a newer version without wipe?
I have no Google account after doing it. :(

How should we upgrade?