[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
mee too , I meet the same problem

for pa_s7-2.99-20NOV2012-022923.zip, yesterday I used the gapps Konsta kang.zip, after install gapps jb last version "http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" is suitable for android 4.1.2, previous problems are rare, but sometimes the clock would not update in the notification. now I never install gapps Konsta kang again, because if we update google search from android market, then the application voice search will be doubles. Now I am confused how to make several applications such as Boat Browser and Twitter to be compatible in a play store? I've tried in cm10 tablet ui 120 dpi and paranoid, I also edit and modify build.prop from multiple applications like lcd density pro version, but it still does not work.

Last edited:

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
could someone try on a linaro build with adding this to build.prop?

Code:
net.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.ppp0.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.ppp0.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.rmnet0.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.rmnet0.dns2=8.8.4.4
mobiledata.interfaces=ppp0,gannet0,rmnet0,rmnet1,rmnet2

what effect? is only valid for Linaro rom? what if I edit on the other cm10 and latest paranoid? whether it can directly "copy-paste" in build.prop? Thanks for your hard work.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
what effect? is only valid for Linaro rom? what if I edit on the other cm10 and latest paranoid? whether it can directly "copy-paste" in build.prop? Thanks for your hard work.
it didnt fixed the issue what i wanted to fix.. it overrides the dns servers ;> works on all rom

cnanyi

Nov 23, 2012
for pa_s7-2.99-20NOV2012-022923.zip, yesterday I used the gapps Konsta kang.zip, after install gapps jb last version "http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" is suitable for android 4.1.2, previous problems are rare, but sometimes the clock would not update in the notification. now I never install gapps Konsta kang again, because if we update google search from android market, then the application voice search will be doubles. Now I am confused how to make several applications such as Boat Browser and Twitter to be compatible in a play store? I've tried in cm10 tablet ui 120 dpi and paranoid, I also edit and modify build.prop from multiple applications like lcd density pro version, but it still does not work.
Now , I use the old version cm-10-20121119-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-linaro-asturel.zip without gapps (I'm in china the google service is broken, so It's not necessary to install it), the notification is working ,but there's no Tablet ui :(

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
cnanyi said:
Now , I use the old version cm-10-20121119-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-linaro-asturel.zip without gapps (I'm in china the google service is broken, so It's not necessary to install it), the notification is working ,but there's no Tablet ui :(

cyanogen mode does not have tablet ui..if you want tablet ui use paranoid

cnanyi

Nov 23, 2012
cyanogen mode does not have tablet ui..if you want tablet ui use paranoid
Sorry for my poor english , I means the paranoid version has some problem for me (the notification always frozen)
so I choose the CM version :)

MyWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Man I'm impressed with the paranoid ROM!

It has been on standby for a week now without needing a recharge. I was busy fiddling with my S2 and neglected the S7 Slim a bit, got it out today cause it will need a recharge after a week of no usage.

Nope, still has some power left! WOW, did not expect that!

Thank you so much for breathing new life into our tablets, I love these ROMS, keep up the fine work you are doing!

tjbridge

Nov 27, 2012
is there any step by step guide on how to install recovery and flash it? I have just successfully rooted my phone. Don't know what to do after...

Unikum

Oct 11, 2012
anyone can test Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm-10-20121127-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip ? i got access to goo.im buildbox (so i dont need my pc anymore), and i need someone who can confirm everything is ok (nothing new), if someone can feedback that mobile data works it would be great ;> thanks
It works for me just fine, I tested hw accelarated video (in MX player), wifi works well, Youtube works fine too, browsing is okay too. I couldn't test mobile data though.
On side note: does anyone know how to force youtube to play in HD? It works in Paranoid Rom with tablet layout Youtube app, but I would like to use it on the plain CM10 version too.
Nvm, I found a solution for it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1529715

Last edited:

tjbridge

Nov 27, 2012
I installed cm-10-20121108-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel. Works awesome but I noticed one problem, I hear a popping noise on my left speaker from time to time...
I formated everything in internal sd, sdcard, external sd and then updated to cm-10-20121122-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-linaro-asturel but still the problem is there.

EDITED:
What are the major differences of CM10 and paranoid ROMs? Thanks for giving some info on these..

Last edited:

Unikum

Oct 11, 2012
I installed cm-10-20121108-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel. Works awesome but I noticed one problem, I hear a popping noise on my left speaker from time to time...
I formated everything in internal sd, sdcard, external sd and then updated to cm-10-20121122-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-linaro-asturel but still the problem is there.

EDITED:
What are the major differences of CM10 and paranoid ROMs? Thanks for giving some info on these..
Paranoid ROM has the options to change the layout of your apps individually, the dpi, and can switch between tablet ui, phone (stock) ui, and phablet ui. I tried it for a week with tablet ui, the latest 2.99 one, it looks nice, but it had more hickups than the plain CM 10 ROM (I think this might be because it is a test ROM, according to paranoid), and the navigation bar is buggy in tablet ui (but I think it will be fixed soon). Take a look at this post, it explains well imo how this ROM works.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
I hear a popping noise on my left speaker from time to time. Anyway I could fix this?

no, huawei didnt released the new kernel source where its fixed. you can ask for it from them. i have tried once and got an human droid auto WTF reply, so i gave up. i also tried few things (delay between powering on the dsp and adjust the volume but no luck) but im out of ideas.