[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

MyWorld

Oct 23, 2011
I just popped in here to quickly say thank you.

Really appreciate the effort that went into this and I'm very please with what has been done! Thanks again!

cesar2010

Nov 11, 2012
Any reason why the hardware Home key would not work? yet it works in recovery and it actually worked before... i switched roms and now it wont work. anyway to enable the softkeys? also i tried paranoid and it would not boot is there a paranoid working version

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
cesar2010 said:
Any reason why the hardware Home key would not work? yet it works in recovery and it actually worked before... i switched roms and now it wont work. anyway to enable the softkeys? also i tried paranoid and it would not boot is there a paranoid working version
Here is working paranoid rom 2.54..gapps are included so no need to reflesh after

http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/55512286/file.html

HW Keys work but i use in tablet mode with softkeys

I try and youtube in HD and works normaly.

MyWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Sorry for being a n00b about this, but the Paranoid release, is this for the S7 or S7 Slim?

Reason I'm asking is I have flashed it twice now on my S7 Slim and it fails to boot. CM10 works like a charm, but Paranoid gives me a no boot.

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
MyWorld said:
Sorry for being a n00b about this, but the Paranoid release, is this for the S7 or S7 Slim?

Reason I'm asking is I have flashed it twice now on my S7 Slim and it fails to boot. CM10 works like a charm, but Paranoid gives me a no boot.

install this i upload post up.

Grumps

Oct 29, 2011
I still cant get this to work on my s7 slim s7-201u. I loaded stock rom. rooted. flashed recovery.img but everytime i reboot into recovery it wipes my data and cache. Basically does a hard reset. Any ideas?

cesar2010

Nov 11, 2012
I still cant get this to work on my s7 slim s7-201u. I loaded stock rom. rooted. flashed recovery.img but everytime i reboot into recovery it wipes my data and cache. Basically does a hard reset. Any ideas?

I was having the same error but its because the recovery wasn't truly being installed or booted, i had to install stock, root, install clockworkmod manager and do the boot into recovery option..i had to use the files and instructions from post #354 (thanks Dzonnikg) on page 36 for it to work..

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
Finally after flash cm-10-20121018 and also pa_s7-2.54. I can play live streaming video, although it should be in full screen. Because if viewed in normal or standard mode, flash video will be errors including flash ads too. If CM9 can not watch it in full screen, then cm10 / pa_s7 latest version would have otherwise. I've tried Wifi Tethering can not be detected by any device, if anyone else could confirm? HW 720p HD video flawlessly and smooth. Anyway rom almost perfect work, just a little more homework on the Tethering and camera and HDMI. Once it's done, then we can move up ROM to a higher position among the latest android devices. Thanks to Asturel and colleague who made ROM for Huawei S7 Slim / Fat is getting better, and became feasible in align with the most expensive type of android devices. Keep fighting continued for the best ROM. Cheers..

PS. Before flash pa_s7_2.54, must edit bootanimation.zip in the folder System / Media /, with others, can use root explorer if you edit directly from the tablet, do not forget to change the permision so RW-R-R. or edit from the pc. I copy the bootanimation from cm10. User interface display in pa_s7_2.54 very interesting but unfortunately when we want to update the application to the latest version, not all applications that have been previously installed compatible from android market.

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Just flashed it.

Home button does not work.

o could assign long press home button in the settings..

but if u want to be fixed i need your logcat (from the boot) (since the keys assigned to the touchscreens keylayouts and obviosly i dont have 3 different touchscreen in my device)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:

but if u want to be fixed i need your logcat (from the boot) (since the keys assigned to the touchscreens keylayouts and obviosly i dont have 3 different touchscreen in my device)

Home button works for me but not mobile data connection..calls work ,sms work but data want

cheese

Dec 23, 2011

Since then I have reflashed it (needed it to work for today). Forgot to save the log, but tonight will do it.

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Azóta újra flash-seltem (kellett, hogy működjön mára). Elfelejtettem ki menteni, de ma este megcsinálom.

non-english talk is forbidden on this forum :/i got warned once.
btw if u just edit the /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl :
key 102 MOVE_HOME
to
key 102 HOME

it solves the issue (but had to in every build)