[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
i have edited the amss.mbn and partition.mbn (similar like the zte blade), how did they do it in the kernel?

hmm.. i think i found the kernel way.. its pretty easy

Last edited:

Unikum

Oct 11, 2012
First of all I would like to thank You, that you keep making this wonderful ROM. But I have a a bug, which is very annoying to me now in a specific application. My problem is the following: sometimes, when I tap on the screen, the device registers it as a long press (as if i would have been holding it continuesly). It was not that much annoying in the past, I could live with it, but now I have an visuel novel reading application, which skips a lot of text if I do a longpress, and this bug just keeps me crazy =S (and it's system wide, not appplication specific). Anybody else found this bug, or is it only me (this bug is present since a long time ago, I guess since I use these ROMs from last year). Could you do anything about it, or is it hard to investigate this problem?

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
I can confirm it too, probably its because the io lag (maybe changing cpu governor slightly improves it (performance-> processor -> cpu governor -- im using smartass atm) or maybe io scheduler can improve it a bit too)

Solidworks

Jan 20, 2012
Hi, Asturel!
Sorry for my English!
Set and test the latest firmware from 15 March!
Found some problems:
Enable / disable the network WiFi, resets the tablet.
When leaving the reception area WiFi, no switch on the mobile Internet 3G.
Bluetooth works with an error, it does not save. Tablet is a new bluetooth headset and works with it to turn it off. If you turn on the bluetooth headset again, the tablet will not connect to it. To determine it, I re-synchronize the device.
When playing a video format AVI 680x480 tablet slows markedly.
Played in the Subway Surf, tablet first slow, and then it returns to normal.
When will the camera?
Thank you!

MyWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Could someone please confirm for me that the latest CWM recovery image is corrupt?

After flashing recovery_new.img I can no longer flash ROMS (like any of the cm-10 ROMS). Keep getting assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") errors.

After flashing the older twrp recovery I can again flash the ROMS.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
as i wrote at Goo.im Downloads - Browsing s7_slim, you cant use the new recovery with old build (because I changed the partition layout and the old kernels uses the original layout, so probably you will run into bootloop or some unpredicted situation -- coz the system expanded and the unused data, cache partition decreased -- so imagine that when the recovery sees a bigger partition and fill it after the system boots with a smaller partition size)
im on holiday atm (snowing in spring .. yeah), but I have improved the internal sd card speed and added optional overclock (mine runs at 1.075ghz fine) and fixed hwa decoding on avi, mov, mkv, etc container, i'll publish it in the next week

if anyone has non working mobile data, can you check/confirm that it worked before/after about 2013-02-24 +/- 1-2days ?

Solidworks

Jan 20, 2012
as i wrote at Goo.im Downloads - Browsing s7_slim, you cant use the new recovery with old build (because I changed the partition layout and the old kernels uses the original layout, so probably you will run into bootloop or some unpredicted situation -- coz the system expanded and the unused data, cache partition decreased -- so imagine that when the recovery sees a bigger partition and fill it after the system boots with a smaller partition size)
im on holiday atm (snowing in spring .. yeah), but I have improved the internal sd card speed and added optional overclock (mine runs at 1.075ghz fine) and fixed hwa decoding on avi, mov, mkv, etc container, i'll publish it in the next week

if anyone has non working mobile data, can you check/confirm that it worked before/after about 2013-02-24 +/- 1-2days ?
Thank you! We are waiting!

tjbridge

Nov 27, 2012
my current recovery software is CWM 6.0.2.8 May I know how do you flash the new recovery image? Step by step? Thanks!

alien302

Oct 17, 2011

Hi Asturel
You latest build ie. (cm-10-20130329-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip) has a big improvement on the wifi problem , I installed the rom a 2 days ago and I have been testing enabling and disabling the wifi from
time to time and I have not had any problems. I am using smart launcher in place of the default launcher , thanks for all your hard work.