[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

Solidworks

Jan 20, 2012
Hello! I am glad that our tablets porting firmware unit continues. Thanks a lot. I will test Them!

cnanyi

Nov 23, 2012
I test cm-10-20130226-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip table UI again ,
when I use Tablet UI ,close google search bar( in china it's no use :D) , then Trebuchet launcher is die, I reboot the tablet , it's die again
so I switch to phone mode now :)

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
I test cm-10-20130226-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip table UI again ,
when I use Tablet UI ,close google search bar( in china it's no use :D) , then Trebuchet launcher is die, I reboot the tablet , it's die again
so I switch to phone mode now :)
use different launcher e.g. nova

cnanyi

Nov 23, 2012
then latest version(20130226), when startup ,popup a message means Huawei Settings error, so I download S7Parts ,and replace the old one , Setting /advance disappered
after reboot the tablet , it show info for android update . but nothing happend , the advance is gone. Maybe my method is wrong

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
then latest version(20130226), when startup ,popup a message means Huawei Settings error, so I download S7Parts ,and replace the old one , Setting /advance disappered
after reboot the tablet , it show info for android update . but nothing happend , the advance is gone. Maybe my method is wrong

i replaced and it works, but soon i'll release a new build (including haptic feedback for hardware keys, i wanted to implement one more feature but its not possible anymore)

Webstas

Feb 27, 2013
I am trying to flash cm10 i keep getting the assert error 7, i have tried all three of the listed recoveries in the op but when i run an "adb reboot recovery" it just appears to do a factory reset and then reboots it never gets to the UI.

the rom was build 20130226
I have a S7 Slim 201W

Any ideas?

Last edited:

cnanyi

Nov 23, 2012
the lastest (20130228) , I swith to TabletUI,when I reboot , screen is blank,can't startup

---
I boot to recovery and flash the lastest rom direct , and reboot , it 's ok

Last edited:

Solidworks

Jan 20, 2012
cm-10-20130228-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip The best!
BT stereo from MW600.
Asturel Thank you very much!
I waiting fix camera:)

Solidworks

Jan 20, 2012
I am trying to flash cm10 i keep getting the assert error 7, i have tried all three of the listed recoveries in the op but when i run an "adb reboot recovery" it just appears to do a factory reset and then reboots it never gets to the UI.

the rom was build 20130226
I have a S7 Slim 201W

Any ideas?
Please install [ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod download
And the

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Well, asturel, you see, Xvon has a s7-105...

That audio noise glitch was there on 2.2.2, when one tries to use a Slim based rom on the S7 classic... (for instance, Trizet's rom)
if you then change the kernel, the noise goes away...

So, it is probably something in the kernel config, I would guess, but it is not your rom's fault!

One more thing...
I've posted 2 or 3 times here asking if you are going to build a kernel for the s7_10x series, but you probably did not read the posts because you never reply....
If you want to build that kernels, me and others will be happy to help you debugging the problems...

Thank you!

so u say, that the s7 slim kernel works on the s7 10x? (i mean the audio part.. and it has also the ticks noise?)

tlmax

Sep 5, 2012
I cant root my S7 Slim original firmware.. so please tell me hoe to root it?. I used gingerbreak, super oneclick and few methods but won't work. so please help me

Jota

May 25, 2011
so u say, that the s7 slim kernel works on the s7 10x? (i mean the audio part.. and it has also the ticks noise?)

Hi!

No, the Slim kernel does not work with the 10x series.
Let me explain better my previous comments about the ticks noise:

I did the following test (on a s7-105):

- install the Trizet rom, I use V2, but I think V3 will be the same
- boot the rom and you will notice the audio ticks noise
- then, fastboot the original froyo 2.2.2 boot.img (for the s7-10x)
- reboot and the sound is perfect, no more ticks noise! (also, as a side effect, the sound volume is smoother, and the phone call voice is more clear - no echo)

So, my conclusion is that must be some small difference in the way that the custom kernels are compiled, compared to the stock original Huawei kernel ??

In my s7-105, I tested custom kernels from goodone, ere and hal_200, for CM9 and CM10, and all have the noise problem.

Hope this helps you to debug the problem. :)

EDIT:
I guess that if you do the same test as above on the Slim using the Trizet V3 rom, you will get the same result.
Also, your latest CM10 rom, cm-10-20130302-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip, does not work with the s7-105... it boot, but can not get to launcher, just shutdpwn itself!

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
ah, i thought only the slim kernel does that, unfortunately i cant fix it if huawei do not publish the new kernel source, i already asked them but they replied like 'WHAT', maybe someone else will have bigger success [email protected]