[ROM] Lineage-13.0 for A2109 [2017-03-04]

Discussion in 'Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Development' started by PJBrs, Dec 4, 2016.

1. joebine

joebine Senior Member

OK, @PJBrs was right, I left the tablet after a full charge open last night around 10 PM and, this morning, the battery was at 73% so deep sleep not working without a reboot after a full charge.

2. Reidless

Reidless Member

I hear people chanting "Nou-Gat! Nou-Gat! Nou-Gat!"

hmm, I wonder what the people want. Probably some Milky Way's

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. scissors99

scissors99 Member

Hi Guys,
    what exactly is the deep sleep problem. My Tablet gets turned off generally, so I probably won't see it.

I am assuming at this time that full standby isn't happening and the processor draws power at full rate?

At this time I am really happy with the build, it's fast and means my tablet can use most apps, apart from damned all4 app insisting i have root .

4. joebine

joebine Senior Member

@scissors99 Too get root, just install SuperSU (Recovery Flashable.zip) from recovery.

5. scissors99

scissors99 Member

Let me re-phrase that.
    all4 (uk tv app) doesn't like rooted devices. It insists my tablet is rooted(therefore no access). even though it is not rooted.

6. joebine

joebine Senior Member

I thought you need root access for this apps. Sorry.

7. Reidless

Reidless Member

I heard there are root hiding apps. Not sure which ones work tho.

8. PJBrs

PJBrs Senior Member Developer

Hehe, well, as it is, I'm working on something quite different. I'm collaborating with the people from UnlegacyAndroid. The guys who first ported kernel 3.4 to tegra3 chipset (i.e., ours) are over there as well, working on grouper, and doing amazing stuff. Stuff that, I hope, will also help us as well. In fact, it has already fixed the reboot on wifi display disconnect, meaning we're more and more beyond original stock in terms of features. Also, I now use the grouper lollipop camera HAL, which means an important reduction in compatibility patches. Finally, they're rather close to aosp, so, with UnlegacyAndroid, we could be as well. In other words, I'm delaying Nougat while building a very solid basis for a tablet so old as ours.

Indeed. In Android, both apps and kernel drivers can hold a wakelock, meaning that the device cannot suspend entirely. In our case this means battery depletion in one to three days on idle. Without deep sleep issues, our tablet might go for 16 days on a full battery. I'm testing a number of kernel patches that, so far, seem advantageous...

• Like Like x 2
  9. stueymc

stueymc Member

I just wanted to drop a line to express my amazement at the dedication you have, for constantly updating and improving our tablet. It proves that these devices never really go out of date, once there are people willing and able to adapt whatever software is out there. Thanks for everything.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1