Rooting And Development For MID 1045

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
I have been lurking in these forums for over a year now. In December 2011 I got a coby kyros mid1125 tablet, in march 2012 the power button broke I sent it back to coby $12.50 to ship it and $15.00 money order for return shipping and almost 2 months later I got a mid1126 it lasted a couple months and the display went wonky. It looked like it had a red filter over everything. So once again I spent $12.50 to ship it back to Coby, Coby waived the return shipping money order as this was a replacement tab. In December 2012 I received my mid1045, I rooted it with “root with recovery method by Bin4ry” I made the backup when I rooted. Unfortunately there was no CW recovery available at that time. My tablet ran great I was able to get Google apps and Play installed, then in march it just bricked I don’t know why it will just show the coby load screen and hang there I am able to boot into recovery the stock recovery. I have done wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition many time and nothing worked. Everything I tried give me
E:Can’t open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can’t open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can’t open /cache/recovery/last_install

I have tried every recovery image I could find. Most of those gave me
verifying update package…
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Vampirefo’s CW recovery 1045_recovery_signed.zip will give me

-- Install /sdcard …
Finding update package…
Opening update package…
Verifying update package…
Installing update…
[ ] Updating BOOT

[*] Complete!

Install from sdcard complete.

If I could get ADB turned on I could use ADB to restore the backups I have. If I could have it reboot into bootloader I could fix it that way, or if I could get CW recovery installed that would work also. :( I got to say Vampirefo you are the only one who has gotten anywhere close to getting this thing working again. Is there any way to use your CW zip to include rebooting into the bootloader, or to turn on ADB? Add a line to the end of your script to do something like adb reboot-bootloader or fastboot flash with my backup files?

Help me vampirefo you’re my only hope :):):):)

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
your cache partition is damaged, you need to format it.

when I do a wipe cache partition I get

-- Wipe cache...
Formatting /cache...
Cache wipe complete.

is there another way to format the cache?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Vampirefo’s CW recovery 1045_recovery_signed.zip will give me

-- Install /sdcard …
Finding update package…
Opening update package…
Verifying update package…
Installing update…
[ ] Updating BOOT

[*] Complete!

Install from sdcard complete.

Lets get on same page here, you install my cw recovery, the install completes yet when you reboot cw recovery isn't installed? So after reboot you have stock recovery?

Last edited:

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
Lets get on same page here, you install my cw recovery, the install completes yet when you reboot cw recovery isn't installed? So after reboot you have stock recovery?

yes that's correct when I apply update from external storage with your CW recovery it says install from sdcard complete and then gives the E:can't open errors. when I reboot system into recovery I get the stock recovery not CW

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
yes that's correct when I apply update from external storage with your CW recovery it says install from sdcard complete and then gives the E:can't open errors. when I reboot system into recovery I get the stock recovery not CW

try this 1045_update.zip

it's a temp recovery, see if it works, if you see cw recovery, then umount cache, format cache, then mount cache.

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
try this 1045_update.zip

it's a temp recovery, see if it works, if you see cw recovery, then umount cache, format cache, then mount cache.

OMG thou art god that has gotten me into CWM Recovery I was able to unmount the cache reformat it and remount it. :):):):):)
before I go any further confirm I want to use the 1045_recovery_signed.zip to permanently install CW recovery. then I need to restore the boot, bootloader, and system from my original backup I made when I rooted. I have boot.img, bootloader.img and system.tgz how do I do that correctly?

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
ok just an update I downloaded the scripts from above post and followed the guide I was happy to see all I needed was ADB which was already installed. so I dropped the files and my .img's onto my sdcard along with several other .zip's that I could try, plugged in the usb and nothing no happy windows sound. so I did install zip from sideload and got the windows sound followed by a driver notification :( almost 24 hours later and a all-niter I still cant get tab to connect I reinstalled every driver under the sun multiple time so I got no ADB and can go no further.I did make a nandroid of my current mess and was able to restore that I was hoping that I could modify the nandroid with my dump files, or if someone would be nice enough to post a nandroid for me. Are either of those an option can I modify a backup, and will someone else's backup work on my tab? and I'm open to any suggestions I'm beginning to think it might be borked hardware :(:(:(

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
ok another update I used another computer and tried the how to restore from dump post and got the same results was unable to connect to tab with usb so no adb connection. so I have my 4 dump files boot.img, bootloader.img, recovery.img, and system.tgz. I also have an adb backup file mid1045.ab that I made after I first rooted. I also have the clockworkmod backup I made yesterday of the current messed up state of my tab. I believe the only choice at this time is to make a update.zip file. how do I make one can you point me at some good guides and docs.

1 the adb backup file is 690 megs does that have the boot,bootloader,and recovery partitions in it, I didn't think it had those but 690 MB is really big for just user data and apps. can I make a update.zip with a script to do adb restore <file>?

2 can I use my clockworkmod backup and replace the files with my own boot,bootloader, and system files and then use CW recovery to restore? and what about the nandroid.md5?

3 make my own update.zip from my boot, bootloader, recovery, and system file?

4 could I take a ROM like CM9 and insert my own file?

what do you think would be the easiest and quickest solution and thanks for everything you've already done :)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have no ideal what could be 690 MB, never seen a dump that big. You don't need to restore anything but system, the others are just there if needed, unless you messed with your boot.img or bootloader, it should be exactly the same as when you first got the tablet.

You need a good system to start with, then you could just download any of my allwinner roms, open them and replace with your files. read update script make sure you have each file or folder being chmoded, then zip up and flash, use one my roms that only flashes system.

replace the system files with your own.

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
OK I downloaded your CM_8042, CM9_9740 and stock_7065 ROMs Both the CM roms have data and system folders and a boot.img. I need to replace and rename the boot.img files with mine or do I need to modify my boot.img before swapping them. do I need to modify the system folder or can I just swap mine for the CM one? and not sure what to do about the data folder. I'd really like to get CM installed on my tab :):):) the stock_7065 all I need to do is swap the system folders? I looked at the updater-script and its a big one what will I have to change in that if anything?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Have you tried to flash recovery since you fixed cache?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone