Sad news

kaspr00

May 1, 2011
I'm not sure if this is a company wide motion but at my Best Buy store that I work at, the Acer was deleted from our system. Meaning, we can't accept returns, order, or sell any more of them :-\ I love mine!I asked why it was deleted and its because of people not knowing what they were getting into. Most said the OS wasn't "user friendly like the ipad " some had legitimate problems. But there were too many returns =[

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
That is sad. Best Buy was a place where people could come play with it and see if it worked for them. That's how it sold in the first place. Hopefully Staples will help drive it on the local level. Amazon and Newegg should be getting it soon, which will help online sales. They didn't even have it out at my local Best Buy. I went to exchange one and thought the online system made a mistake. When I asked someone they told me that they do have them, that they aren't out. There was no space on the shelf to put it either (in other stores, I saw it next to the Xoom... not this one.)

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
They can't be seriously doing this. This tablet is amazing! What tool would pick the ipad over this. Bunch of no good morons. As long as we get some half way decent devs we will be OK. I'm personally glad, less idiots using such a great piece of hardware. As long as Google release the honeycomb sdk. We can get the development ball rolling with some nice custom Roms.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

freakaphex

Apr 28, 2011
I wonder if its all best buys or what?

Well I looked at the site and only two stores outta five have them around here....

Last edited:

BigCTM

May 9, 2011
This has to be a joke. It is one of the highest rated tablets on Best Buy with lots of postitve reviews.

Humantelope

May 2, 2011
i'll give my local bestbuy a call and see if its still active or not, with it being on the website and some of my nearby stores having it in stock and available i'm inclined to believe its not deleted..... since you can go in and buy it at those stores.............

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
I'd have to agree with the others! The reviews are very high for this tablet. Just in case, if you haven't already, go post your review at BB now! :D

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
The 5 closest stores to my house are all showing as 'Available Now'.

Hopefully this is just one idiot store manager making an idiotic decision.

Bob

freakaphex

Apr 28, 2011
Right lol well i guess in time we will just see. I've been waiting on accessory's to come around to my best buy but idk whats going on with it!

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
I did get my A500 at BB, but the display model was straight out of the box and did not demo well at all. Couldn't see what it was capable of doing with video. Very poor selection of apps and the people at BB didn't care. They were very busy pushing the Ipad2 and the XOOM.

And I wonder how many of the returns were "bricked" by people messing with honeycomb.

Ken

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
Just looked at it at my local BB here in MS, they had one in stock and some in the other stores around the state.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I was actually thinking of buying one :(. Oh well I guess that is a sign to wait for the better one to be released.