sleep disorder

topsawyer

Jul 31, 2011
I couldn't wake the system (Android ver. 3.0.1) on my ASUS transformer on the 3rd day after purchase. The next day it opened with no problems for 6 weeks. Yesterday it happened again. It wouldn't even charge overnight. Anyone know the fix? Software ore hardware problem?

Last edited:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
What version of firmware are you running because there have been updates that address sleep mode? Are you using it with the dock? Some of the docks have an undesirable feature that causes them to never go into sleep mode and drain the battery resulting in a dead battery within several hours of being "idle". Have you ween able to revive it?

topsawyer

Jul 31, 2011
Firmware? I purchased from BestBuy last month (new shipment) with no accessories, no dock, no non-market applications. The problem may arise when it sleeps too long. Unfortunately a sleeping tablet is indistingishable from "off" or dead with no plug to pull or reboot button.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
ok, so you are saying that you have not installed any of the 3 updates that Asus has pushed out since you bought the unit?

topsawyer

Jul 31, 2011
No. How do I find the proper updates?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum