Stuck on 4.0.3

halfman

Jul 14, 2012
I have been trying to get my wireless "dongle" to work with my TF101, I was on "Revolution HD" befor I started messing.

I was sent to this page http://techwalls.com/gadget/3g-usb-asus-transformer/ by my dongle supplier and followed all the instructions , but the dongle would still not work.It changed my TF101 to honeycomb, which I didn't want

So tried to return to Revolution HD but the firmware says 4.0.3 which I thought to myself is wrong, so tried several Roms including the stock Rom and Revolver and they all say firmware 4.0.3,does anyone know what has happened and how do I get the right version to show.

My TF is rooted with 1-click transformer root as this was the only one I could get to root.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
4.0.3 is the Android version you SHOULD be on. As for the dongle issue, your link is faulty so I don't have an answer. I assume the vendor said that would work, in which case it may be an activation issue but not real clear on that either.

halfman

Jul 14, 2012
sorry the link should have finished after the word transformer,then it works.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
sorry the link should have finished after the word transformer,then it works.

Thanks for the URL correction. I'm afraid with all of what you have already done and the possible pitfalls of that process there is no telling what went wrong where. Wish I could be more help.

halfman

Jul 14, 2012
Finally sorted it,

I put the SIM card from the dongle into an old phone and using a program called PDAnet on myTF101 and Foxfi on the phone to bluetooth the connection to my TF and it works quite well.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Finally sorted it,

I put the SIM card from the dongle into an old phone and using a program called PDAnet on myTF101 and Foxfi on the phone to bluetooth the connection to my TF and it works quite well.

Glad you got it straight but be aware that PDANet has caused problems for many people not being able to either access the Google Store or possibly even the Internet if uninstalled at some point. Just a heads-up.