SuperPAD II Adobe Flash Support Questions

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Since I do not have first hand experience of the device, I thought it would be good to ask you owners the following questions:

1) What is the version of Flash reported by your device: What Is My Flash Player Version?

2) Can you upgrade to install or upgrade Adobe Flash directly using Android market? Or is this special version specific for Infotmic devices?

3) Can you play Flash videos on sites such as YouTube, with sound. It would be best if this can be demonstrated with a video.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Since I do not have first hand experience of the device, I thought it would be good to ask you owners the following questions:

1) What is the version of Flash reported by your device: What Is My Flash Player Version?

2) Can you upgrade to install or upgrade Adobe Flash directly using Android market? Or is this special version specific for Infotmic devices?

3) Can you play Flash videos on sites such as YouTube, with sound. It would be best if this can be demonstrated with a video.

My Flash Player version is 10.1.106. Iam unable to upgrade so far, so may just be a specific variation for this armv6 processor. I will try at some point today to post a video on youtube of me playing a video on youtube.

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
"""""""Since I do not have first hand experience of the device, I thought it would be good to ask you owners the following questions:""""""""

1) What is the version of Flash reported by your device:

Mine is 10.1.106.15 System App: 3/1/2011 Target SDK: 8

Upgrade to 10.2 failed. The original Adobe Flash Player 10.1 was preinstalled though never worked. I could see it in the apllication list. Never worked till the most recent 2 firmware upgrades.

Can not play HD application for sure. Other than that, I saw 90 % flashed based applications and played great. i.e.. VEVO site to play music videos. May be ARM processor is too slow to handle some flash based applications. These apps bummed out in the middle of playing.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks for your replies.

This is a special version of Adobe Flash which differs from the one released from Adobe on the Android Market. Infotmic X200 series devices have an application processor based on ARM11, so it should not have been able to handle Adobe Flash according to Adobe's own page.

As such, I highly doubt that this is a release officially supported by Adobe. Any updates to Adobe Flash player would likely have to come packaged with figure firmware updates. But since it works as expected, this is of little importance.

A video of it in action would be appreciated.

Does whatsmyflash return with AFL (Adobe Flash Lite)?

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
My next question is: Do you think this special version might work on other tablets with arm processors? I am sure it is probably specifically for 2.2, but what do you think the odds are it would work with little to no tweaking?

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
We already have other tablets with legacy SoC with ARM9 Marvell and WM8650 running some sort of Adobe Flash support. I would imagine that it will take a significant amount of tweaking to get it to work with other platforms that do not have support directly from the manufacturer, but I don't really know the answer since I am not a developer.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
"""Does whatsmyflash return with AFL (Adobe Flash Lite)?"""""

It returned with the same version 10.1.16 as DWC.'s from Whatsmyflash.com.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
We already have other tablets with legacy SoC with ARM9 Marvell and WM8650 running some sort of Adobe Flash support. I would imagine that it will take a significant amount of tweaking to get it to work with other platforms that do not have support directly from the manufacturer, but I don't really know the answer since I am not a developer.

Well, that is probably the same answer I would get from a developer, so thank you. As for your question about AFL, no, it says exactly what I posted.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Wow, so I Googled "flash player 10.1.106" and I found a website called Filecrop. They have soooo many versions of flash player that it is unreal. I am not saying any of them would work for anyone specifically, but I just didn't realize how many versions of Flash Player are really out there.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I managed to get a hold of someone who claims to be the original manufacturer of the SuperPAD II. The existing black and white issues with the current firmware will be fixed in a future firmware update.

This is not a fake version, as they mentioned that they are working with Adobe for Adobe Flash support for the device.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I managed to get a hold of someone who claims to be the original manufacturer of the SuperPAD II. The existing black and white issues with the current firmware will be fixed in a future firmware update.

This is not a fake version, as they mentioned that they are working with Adobe for Adobe Flash support for the device.

Well, this is all very comforting news. Even if it is not an "official" version at least they are talking to the people that matter. This gives me a little hope of official support for at least a little while.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

carl_the_spac

Jun 22, 2012
Hi guys, complete noob here when it comes to tablets. I have a superpad vi with android 2.3 os. I have flash 11.1 installed. I can play you tube videos, but thats it, any flash videos streamed from sites just shows an empty box with green arrow pointing down. The same goes for miniclip games. Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

harrykirshna

Sep 18, 2011
Hi guys, complete noob here when it comes to tablets. I have a superpad vi with android 2.3 os. I have flash 11.1 installed. I can play you tube videos, but thats it, any flash videos streamed from sites just shows an empty box with green arrow pointing down. The same goes for miniclip games. Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

as am i. guess i can say a forum technical word such as "bump", but this alley appears to be a dead end.