SuperPAD II (SuperPAD I with 512MB RAM)

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Okay, I have unrooted my tablet (originally used Universal Androot) and re-rooted with Z4root using the link http://thebelv.altervista.org/Flytou...flytouch3.html
I am still unable to uninstall any of the apps that came with the tablet. Is there a way to specifically allow the app manager su permissions? Or can I uninstall using command line in the terminal? I am a little confused, I thought rooting this thing would allow any action performed to be done as su.

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Just received the FlyTouch 3 and I have it on charge...just a quick question for those who might have it...noticed when going in to change location time etc... it says press "menu" button then choose System Config....Cannot find that option....is this still the old book they were talking about...if so where is the new book for Android 2.2 located for download..it has been charging for about 5 hours and still have the red light...any idea how long it takes for a full charge

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
It is still the old manual, and as far as I know there isn't one for 2.2. You can go into settings and select location and security, in there you can set it up to allow your system to determine its location using wifi and/or gps.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
It is still the old manual, and as far as I know there isn't one for 2.2. You can go into settings and select location and security, in there you can set it up to allow your system to determine its location using wifi and/or gps.

Oh yes, it came with a manual. I might have to glance at it while my GF is playing with the tab. I felt like a real dumbass when I couldn't connect to my WiFi because the switch was off!

btw, the firmware update from http://www.a - p - a -d.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?236-New-Superpad2-FlyTouch3-Firmware-Download-With-Adobe-Flash-10.1-(Third-Release Yes it is missing the last ) seems to have resolved many of my issues, though I stil l can't seem to root the damned thing!

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
That is funny, but believe me when I say today has been a good day for small oversights :) and it actually took me a minute to find development when I tried. Did you use the suggested launcher? If so you have to selectin this order:
Shortcuts>activities>settings>development
Activities actually has the launcher pro icon next to it. And development was actually the sixtieth one down the list under settings.

Sent from my rooted Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

sheep5161

Feb 28, 2011
This doesn't seem like flytouch3/ superpad 2 !I have a flytouch3 /superpad 2 tablet pc !
see this picture
13004605601.jpg

my flytouch3/superpad 2 tablet As with this picture !

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Well, except for the square button below the screen that is pretty much what mine looks like.

Sent from my rooted Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Yep. Square button is all I saw. Plus I don't have the movie "Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs" on mine!

Of course that could be because when I updated the firmware yesterday I put my @#$*&# 8 GB microSD on the palm rest of my laptop when it was reboot time. Then I rushed off to work and I haven't seen it since.

I swear I must have some mental disability! It's a wonder I can even operate a computer much less work on them for a living! I guess rooting will have to wait!

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Ice age would be a great choice. As far as rooting goes, why don' you use drop box? It is actually really simple.

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Actually I found my card out at the job site right next to the desk I was working at yesterday... Rooted fine, but as of yet I haven't had a chance to play with it. Probably this evening as soaking in a tub out @ Hot Srings, NC with my GF seems like a far better use of my afternoon before she leaves town again.

I've started searching a little for ways to connect to ad-hoc wireless as that is what my WinMo phone pumps out and I really want to have WiFi on the go with the tablet. If you have dealt with this let me know, else it's off to Google with me this evening!

Last edited:

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Glad you found the card, those are not really too expensive but if you lose too many it does start to add up.

I tried several times earlier today to create some kind of connection between my phone and tablet, and the only thing that I thought might work would be to set up the tablet with the APN settings from the phone. But the more I think about that the more I realized that probably wouldn't work necause the tablet isn't capable of running on the same type of network (missing internal hardware.) Ad-hoc may just be a quaint little thought for us for a while because our tablets don't seem to be set up for that yet. If I am wrong someone please let me know.

woodyandroid

Mar 17, 2011
QuietFire,
I tried a trial version of CompanionSync last night USB did not seem to work so I tried WiFi and it looked like it worked but no files showed up on the Pad. Let me know what you used and how it worked. I would like to get my info from Outlook to the pad.
Thanks...

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Glad you found the card, those are not really too expensive but if you lose too many it does start to add up.

I tried several times earlier today to create some kind of connection between my phone and tablet, and the only thing that I thought might work would be to set up the tablet with the APN settings from the phone. But the more I think about that the more I realized that probably wouldn't work necause the tablet isn't capable of running on the same type of network (missing internal hardware.) Ad-hoc may just be a quaint little thought for us for a while because our tablets don't seem to be set up for that yet. If I am wrong someone please let me know.

Still haven't found a work around for the adhoc issue, but including your rooting I've found these:

Firmware update that resolved many issues including Angry Birds: www. a p a d . t v /apadforum/showthread.php?236-New-Superpad2-FlyTouch3-Firmware-Download-With-Adobe-Flash-10.1-(Third-Release (Remove the spaces in a p a d . t v)

Rooting this Puppy, thanks to dwcunpluged: http://thebelv.altervista.org/Flytouch3/rooting/rooting_flytouch3.html

Fix Google sync on Calendar and Contacts: Got Google?: Calendar and Contact Sync Flytouch 3

Fix YouTube/Vimeo: www. a p a d . t v /apadforum/showthread.php?176-YouTube-Vimeo-Video-Browsing-App-.apk-Download-for-Superpad2-Flytouch3 (Remove the spaces in a p a d . t v)

Last edited: