Synrgic Dreambook W7

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
One more that was made the upgrade.
Realy realy a new device! With the old firmware, even with my eyeglasses I almost can't read anything on screen. The new font size is a gift to me.
I have finish the upgrade 30 minutos ago also with Windows 7. Run mfgtoll in XP SP2 compatibility mode. Error after 3 minutes, but after desconect the device, it will boot with a nice android image and some guitar chords, and... 2.3 version! Doing some tests now.

WiFi is working.
Cell phone is working, can receive and send messages.
Default e_mail soft can now use gesture to zoom text

Firts impression is very good. I received my device two days ago and I was very disappointed because the very small font size. Now I can use it.
Tomorrow I will test GPS with Navigon, and other things.

Thanks to all that have posted your experiences.

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
The red led never goes off (I guess thsi always happens when using a HD105 software on a HD104 tablet. Other than this, tablet seems to work at normal speed).

As before, with new firmware, on HD105, red light turn green when battery charge is finish.

joopdroid

Jun 6, 2011
Ok, the new 2.3 is coming soon...(hopefully) but i have a problem with the stock agenda:
When i go to Agenda-menu-more-account set (to set my GG calender) the agenda shuts off??
And all apps will not work whithout the stock agenda
HD104v-25

Joop

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
I can't wait to upgrade. I'm still waiting for a tutorial, Anyone?

If you read carefully, the felipe and maxsim topics are almost a tuturial.
First do a factory reset to device (back + power + home key)
Reboot
Next do a wiping for mfg
Reboot (after this the device don't power on, don't panic)
Conect the device to a pc via USB ( windows will identiffy the device as SE Blank ELVIS)
At this point read carefully the Manufacturing Tool Quick Start Guide included on the upgrade pack, to install the drivers
Be sure that after install drivers the device is recognized as i.MX25/35/51/53 device
Continue following the instruções on the Manufacturing Tool Quick Start Guide
Click the green start button on the mfgtool...
Wait...
After some time mfgtool showed an error message. Don't panic
Wait a little, and disconect the device from USB.
Power ON. Congratulations, if you have done everything correctly, the device will boot with Android 2.3

$dreambookw7_android23.jpg

Last edited:

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
Hi everybody,after reading all of this Thread I decided to update my W7. I presently had version B02v02-20110414 (HD104)? and wanted to update to V25 /HD104. I felt confident in the process and tried many times but the tablet would not accept the update. I then did factory reset and of course lost all my settings and apps. but no big deal, but still would not accept new update. I tried both versions the one for sdcard and for mfg making sure I deleted the previous version before loading new one, but still no good. After many hours and total frustration I pressed the Wipe boot for MFG and without any warning the screen went blank and now the tablet seems totally dead. It does not respond to a normal start or using reset button and charging.When this happened the tablet still had a 80% charge, I even left it overnight which has worked before when not able to start it but not this time I think I'm in the **** HaHa. I would appreciate any help, Thanks

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
Hi Werk_AG How do I find this:" Manufacturing Tool Quick Start Guide included on the upgrade pack, to install the drivers" My tablet is dead after doing a Wipe boot for MFG and I could not do a reboot after! Thanks

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Hi Werk_AG How do I find this:" Manufacturing Tool Quick Start Guide included on the upgrade pack, to install the drivers" My tablet is dead after doing a Wipe boot for MFG and I could not do a reboot after! Thanks

After Wipe Boot for MFG is normal that the device don't boot, is like dead, but is not.

The Manufacturing Tool Quick Start Guide is included in this file: mfgtools-rel-HD105_for_android_2.3.rar115
It's the new firmware for HD105, don't know if it works for HD104. Read it, it's important that you install the correct driver for the device, or you can´t procced to the next step. After that, you could try this new firmware (remenber, is beta, and for the HD105), or
visit the Sinrgic downloads firmware page and try W7 pc refresh tool download.

Sorry for my poor english.
Your device is not dead, only waiting for new bytes

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks Werk-AG, your english is good, I'm Australian! I already have the refresh tool download and have read the instructions, my main problem is this tool does not reconise my tablet when connected because the drivers are missing.I have downloaded the new HD104 25 and the V22for MFG. In device manager it cannot locate drivers even when they are in MY Downloads. Not sure what to try next. Thanks

ringo

May 25, 2011
Hi Guys there is a thread on the cyanogen mod forum about for the Dreambook W7 my handle is RingoCrazy i'm always up for testing modz will keep you guys informed will be amazing having android 2.3 cyanogen mod 7 on the dreambook rooted
Dreambook W7 - CyanogenMod Forum

Dreambook

May 10, 2011
Ok, the new 2.3 is coming soon...(hopefully) but i have a problem with the stock agenda:
When i go to Agenda-menu-more-account set (to set my GG calender) the agenda shuts off??
And all apps will not work whithout the stock agenda
HD104v-25

Joop

Mine have the same problem, I am also on HD104 V25

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Thanks Werk-AG, your english is good, I'm Australian! I already have the refresh tool download and have read the instructions, my main problem is this tool does not reconise my tablet when connected because the drivers are missing.I have downloaded the new HD104 25 and the V22for MFG. In device manager it cannot locate drivers even when they are in MY Downloads. Not sure what to try next. Thanks

Don't panic, we have all been in this "near-death" experience! :)
  1. Being sure that you tablet is charged (leave it charging overnight), connect to a PC with at least Windows 2000.
  2. Connect the tablet to the computer and try to power up. It probably won't.
  3. Open the Device Manager (press Windows key+pause key, then Hardware tab, then Device Manager button on Win XP. May be different on other Windows versions).
  4. An unrecognized hardware will appear, with an exclamation mark, called "SE Blank ELVIS". Right click on this device and choose "Update Driver".
  5. Point the path of the driver to the Drivers folder on the MFGTool (assuming that you have copied the whole MFGTool folder to your computer).
  6. After a few seconds, it will recognize your hardware as a storage device. Don't open it.
  7. Open the MFGTool.
  8. On the Configurations menu, choose "USB Ports" Tab.
  9. Search and mark the USB port where the tablet is connected (something like "Freescale IM515" or such).
  10. Click Ok to close configuration window.
  11. The big button should turn green. Click it and wait until tablet is formatted and new files are copied.
  12. There could be an error message at the end of the process. Wait a few seconds and disconnect tablet from PC.
  13. Power the tablet up (press power for ~5 seconds).
  14. Wait for the music, it scared me to death.
Let us know if it didn't work.

kopeland

May 4, 2011
If you read carefully, the felipe and maxsim topics are almost a tuturial.
First do a factory reset to device (back + power + home key)
Reboot
Next do a wiping for mfg
Conect the device to a pc via USB ( windows will identiffy the device as SE Blank ELVIS)
At this point read carefully the Manufacturing Tool Quick Start Guide included on the upgrade pack, to install the drivers
Be sure that after install drivers the device is recognized as i.MX25/35/51/53 device
Continue following the instruções on the Manufacturing Tool Quick Start Guide
Click the green start button on the mfgtool...
Wait...
After some time mfgtool showed an error message. Don't panic
Wait a little, and disconect the device from USB.
Power ON. Congratulations, if you have done everything correctly, the device will boot with Android 2.3

View attachment 3225

ahh. thanks.

"Next do a wiping for mfg
Be sure that after install drivers the device is recognized as i.MX25/35/51/53 device"

the above is the part that I've been missing. I've been trying to follow the mfg refresh instructions, but I cannot get to the install drivers because i dont to the "wiping for mfg".

thanks

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Hi Guys there is a thread on the cyanogen mod forum about for the Dreambook W7 my handle is RingoCrazy i'm always up for testing modz will keep you guys informed will be amazing having android 2.3 cyanogen mod 7 on the dreambook rooted
Dreambook W7 - CyanogenMod Forum

Good News that people at Cyanogen are working on this device.

The new firmware (that is supposed to be a beta) is working much better than previous versions.
The GPS bug remains, the navigation software reports duble velocity! Until now this is the only thing that I have found that is not working good.

Some times the device lost sound, but this can be my fault, as I'm making a lot of tests with bluetooh devices, with phone (works good), skype (bluetooth don't work), voip aplications (bluetooth also don't work).
Radio seems much more stable than before.

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
the above is the part that I've been missing. I've been trying to follow the mfg refresh instructions, but I cannot get to the install drivers because i dont to the "wiping for mfg".
thanks

Yes, you must do "wiping for mfg" before use the tool. After do that the device is like dead, you need to install the drivers, to proceed.
Felipe as wrote a great step by step tuturial some topics above.