Synrgic Dreambook W7

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
Hi guys, wow there has been a lot going on since i last mentioned a coming 2.3 firmware!

Glad to see this development for the Dreambook although please remember it is still BETA, hopefully official release will be here soon.

If i am able to find some free time i will try write a step by step update guide for 2.3 official when released unless anyone else would like to do this ;)

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Any info on how to root with the new firmware? z4root works fine with previus 2.2, but don't work on 2.3
Have anybody tested Gingerbreak with this new version?

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Glad to see this development for the Dreambook although please remember it is still BETA, hopefully official release will be here soon.

How we know when the official release is out? At the Synrgic site they don't say that the actual (2.3) version is beta (altough I believe it is).

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
I am not sure how many days ago i mentioned it but i was told 1-2 weeks from that time, so not too long to wait.
It is definitely beta as that is what i was told, its basically for testing so that Synrgic can iron out the problems before releasing it officially. Thats the plan anyway! :)

sarabvi

Jul 18, 2011
GPS is working well on HD105 and Android 2.3, but the double speed bug remains.
Mine is not working, iv tried GPS TEST, GPS CHECK, GOOGLE MAPS and few other gps apps bt no joy Do i need to change some settings? Or is it dat my dreambook w7 dont even have d gps?

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
Mine is not working, iv tried GPS TEST, GPS CHECK, GOOGLE MAPS and few other gps apps bt no joy Do i need to change some settings? Or is it dat my dreambook w7 dont even have d gps?

I dont believe Synrgic manufactured a Dreambook without GPS, a wifi only model yes.

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Just for anybody that needs root access, Gingerbreak 1.2 works with this beta 2.3 version.
I think I will gonna stay with this version for a while :), at least until de GPS bug is fixed.

Last edited:

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
Ok, I admit this is getting complicated.

Basic checks:
You wrote V22. Didn't you mean V25? The V25 for HD105 Android 2.3 should have the driver packed on the downloaded file.
Assuming you have the right download: Is there any file ending in ".inf" file in your Drivers folder? You should point your Windows to that folder, and not let Windows look for right driver for itself. Make sure you have Windows enabled to show hidden files and show extensions for known file types, just in case.

The tablet seems really dead when you connect to the PC after wiping. At the point you are, you actually can't reload directly HD104 V25; you need to format the tablet using one of the MFG versions, make the tablet alive again and then reload HD104 V25.

By the way, remembering that I use HD105 on a HD104 tablet, the read light sometimes does not power off even when I shut down the tablet.
Hi Filepe, yes I'm using V22 for MFG downloaded from Synrgic which is
mfgtools-rel-ext4-et1000v104 which includes "Documents,Drivers,Profiles,.gitignore,Manufacturing Tool Quick Start Manual,Mfg tool.
When I try and include the imxsub.inf it says this file does not exist!
At this stage I'm not interested in 2.3 I just want to get it working with whatever version works, I'm very positive my tablet is a 104. I really appreciate all your and other peoples help. Maybe I should fly to Rio and bring the tablet to you Haha. Thanks

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
This winter is kinda boring in Rio, summer is much better!
I've never tried V22, but it seems to have the same driver as V25 for MFG. Be sure you pointed the folder, not the file.
Since your tablet is already stuck, I'd try V25... There's not much more to lose!

patanplace

Jul 19, 2011
Hi all,

I've a big problem with my Dreambook, I tried to flash my Dreambook to 2.3 with the MfG Tool, but something went wrong.
The Android tablet shows the Android boot logo and not more. I don't get the recovery or flash menu :-( If I connect it to a PC, it shows me an "ADB device", but
the drivers in the MFG-tool doesn't support it. Can anybody help me? Is here German speaking user?

Thanks a lot!
b.r. Tim

Hi Tim and everybody...
This is a nightmare. I've the same problem. It is impossible to get the recovery working, just an android logo.
I've tried every device keys combination (nd win7 and XP), but is not going to MFG mode... The only thing that I get is an ADB device in windows.

I was able to make an upgrade wher received the device, but after trying to make a new instalation I think that a wrong combination of wipes can damage the MFG or recovery .

Anybody found the solution?
Do you know if this kind of problems are covered by the manufacturer or seller (EUOGO.COM)

I am also dissapointed because is a new device, the specs in the Euogo site says that is a 1GHz device, but every diag tool I've tried it saya that is a 800Mhz device...

Please, share your thoughts...

Thanks and best regards

Edit, I've tried V22, V25.... press reset and then recovery keys. reset for a while, all the keys at the same time... No results, only switched off and no ports detected by windows, or switched on, with an android on the screen and android phone detected by windows....

Last edited:

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
This winter is kinda boring in Rio, summer is much better!
I've never tried V22, but it seems to have the same driver as V25 for MFG. Be sure you pointed the folder, not the file.
Since your tablet is already stuck, I'd try V25... There's not much more to lose!
Thanks felipe, I have tried everything I can ( 5 hours ) and are ready to throw it in the rubbish bin Ha. Could it have anything to do with my OS Windows7 64bit, I'm really confused! Cheers

Dreambook

May 10, 2011
Thanks felipe, I have tried everything I can ( 5 hours ) and are ready to throw it in the rubbish bin Ha. Could it have anything to do with my OS Windows7 64bit, I'm really confused! Cheers

Definately, drivers may not work with 64 bit OS

Dreambook

May 10, 2011

I installed the "GPS essentials" app and I can see how the GSP tracks each satelite.