Synrgic Dreambook W7

Ambermile

Jun 16, 2011
Well maybe the support is slow rather than bad... got an email from Kathy at Synrgic asking to return the W7 for repair FOC - also asking for details of seller who has failed to offer aftersales support.

Fingers crossed - it's going off today.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Can someone please post a picture of the Synrgic Dreambook W7 screen top-riight angle (both hw revision 104 and 105) ?
As I wrote in this post, I've found a good screen protector but it seems that camera and ambient light sensor holes are placed wrongly, maybe due to different hw revisions. My W7 is HD105 and my picture is posted on the thread linked above.
Owners of HD105 can kindly confirm that their camera/light sensor are in the same postion.

Mine is HD104. The camera and sensor are not where the holes of the protector screen are located.
By the way, I'm giving up my Dreambook. I'm using now an ASUS Eee Pad (really great, worths every cent) and my old Moto Milestone for 3g tethering, if I need internet on the go. No matter how good the next update from Synrgic will be, the Eee Pad is another league.
If anyone from Brazil is interested, let me know.

maxtisc

Aug 18, 2011
Hi guys
I upgraded my drembook w7 to v25 hd105 as your instructions (you can see from the photo), I can say that it seems to work more stable 3g,
gps ok, wifi ok bt ok, but I ask: why DreamBook written has disappeared and now appears ET1000? $06082011001.JPG

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Hi guys
gps ok, wifi ok bt ok, but I ask: why DreamBook written has disappeared and now appears ET1000?

GPS ok? Yes works, but speed is show 2x the real speed.
And what about phone? How many time can you use it, without it lose connection to te network?
How many time can you use regular functions without this thing crash and needs a reset?

If the people at Synrgic don't run, and come out with a stable firmware that make this good spec tablet realy work, I suspect that Dreambook W7 starts to have a bad name in the Tablets World
I have give up from my Dreambook and jump to Samsung Galaxy, and see that felipe as also move to Asus (good choice, I have tested one, just don't buy, because it do not have 3G or a USB port on the main unit, only in the keyboard).
I'm really hungry with me to have trusted in a new brand and a new device without proves in the market. They make toys not devices to business people.

Dreambook

May 10, 2011
and any news on that Android 2.3 for HD104 ??

Yes, where is it. Time to release something now!!!

Earlier this year Synrgic did release a bugfix each second week, and things improved all the time. That was positive and brought high hopes for the device.

But since they switched to 2.3 everything died and not a bugfix for months now have been released. Two very anoying bugs are:

1. GPS reports 2*speed (When navigating in the car the map movs forwards fast according to wrong speed reported, and each time new position is recived the map jumps back again to correct position (every second) )
2. Phones/3G disconnects when it finds a wlan spot, but when you move away from the wifi-spot, the Dreambox does to switch back to 3G/Phone again and you have to restart the W7 manully to make it work.

Can only take 5 minutes to fix theses two bugs. I do not need 2.3 even if it would be fun, but I desperately needs this fixed in current 2.2 at least.

Last edited:

androidnoob

Aug 19, 2011
Hi Maxsim,

I updated my tablet to 2.3.3 using mfg tool update. The device looks good and working great. But Wi-Fi is not working. I followed the steps given by you --
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I think i solve the WIFI problem.
You need to switch WIFI POLICY TO NEVER.
To access WIFI Policy, go to wifi -> wifi settings and press MENU.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

After doing these steps also I am not able to turn on my Wi-Fi on 2.3.3 version. Any idea what am I missing ?

Appreciate your help.

kippo

Aug 20, 2011
my dreambook w7 does not want to switch on after i switch it off. I recharged the battery overnight but d charging LED will not turn green but d battery is warm.
When i switch it on, nothing happens but the battery gets warm and drained away.

need help in using mfg tool as i can hardly understand d manual.
I've hooked it up to my notebook with winxp sp3 OS and two removable drive are detected. Tried pointing the driver update in the driver folder in mfgtools-rel-ext4-et1000v104\driver but it is not detected.

so i am at loss in how to proceed in using the mfg tool. Anyone has simplified tutorial for those not good in understanding this kind of stuffs?

thanks

androidnoob

Aug 19, 2011
I restored it back using the same MFG tool that came with the 2.3.3 Android version. What I did was :
- first deleted the files under "\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\Profiles\MX51 Linux Update\OS Firmware\files".
- then I downloaded the Update_V25_HD104(for mfg) file from synrgic site.
- I then unzip the downloaded file to "\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\Profiles\MX51 Linux Update\OS Firmware\files"
- Run the MFG tool, and then click the Green button.
- same with the 2.3.3 upgrade process, it took less than 3 minutes to run and i got an error at the end.
- I rebooted the tablet and it came back to fresh V25 with Android 2.2.

I did not notice any change with the reboot screen. But the "Android System Recovery Menu" did change.

Hi,
I have updated successfully to Android version 2.3.3 using mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3. Now as stated in one of your earlier post (the one which is quoted here), I would like to downgrade it again to Android 2.2. So suppose if I downgrade it using "Update_V25_HD104(for mfg)", will my Hardware Version change to HD104?

Because when I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.3, my hardware version was HD105. And I upgraded it using "mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3".

Please let me know this because I guess we do not have 2.3.3 for HD104.

Thanks in advance for your help.

androidnoob

Aug 19, 2011
I restored it back using the same MFG tool that came with the 2.3.3 Android version. What I did was :
- first deleted the files under "\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\Profiles\MX51 Linux Update\OS Firmware\files".
- then I downloaded the Update_V25_HD104(for mfg) file from synrgic site.
- I then unzip the downloaded file to "\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\Profiles\MX51 Linux Update\OS Firmware\files"
- Run the MFG tool, and then click the Green button.
- same with the 2.3.3 upgrade process, it took less than 3 minutes to run and i got an error at the end.
- I rebooted the tablet and it came back to fresh V25 with Android 2.2.

I did not notice any change with the reboot screen. But the "Android System Recovery Menu" did change.

Hi Kopeland,

I tried to restore it back to 2.2 using your method. But I could not do it. I copied the "Update_V25_HD104(for mfg)" file to "\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\mfgtools-rel-HD105 for android 2.3\Profiles\MX51 Linux Update\OS Firmware\files" and deleted previous files.

Can you please let me know whether we need to use "wipe mfg tools" option and then proceed with the rest of the process ? Because when I tried to do that it did not allow me to do so as it already had the updated driver version already.

Could you please give a step by step for restore to 2.2 procedure also ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

androidnoob

Aug 19, 2011
Hi Kopeland,

Finally I restored it back to 2.2. But as I was doubtful, the hardware version got changed to HD104. Also the recovery menu for 2.3.3 is changed and when I restored it to 2.2, the recovery menu didn't show me the "system reboot" option. I had to reboot it from command line using "adb reboot". then I was able to proceed with the normal MFG tool process.

Thanks for your posts. The steps given by you are really valuable.

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
So has anyone ever figured out a way to tell if their tablet is an HD104 or an HD105? And does it even matter? I see where people are switching back & forth the between the ROMs, so I have to wonder.

Androidnoob, did you get better functionality by switching back to the 2.2 HD104 rom than what you had when the 2.3 HD105 rom was installed?

I just got mine and it came in a plain white box, with a white plastic liner inside the box. The unit had the sticker on the back with the SN (and another number - IEP number I think) printed on it. The back case is white plastic and has the word DREAMBOOK stenciled on it in grey letters about 3/8" high. It has rom V16 installed.

Does any of that info identify the model as an HD104 or HD105? I'd like to update to a newer rom, but I want to install the right one and not have to go through all the problems that come with "bricking" it in the process...

Last edited:

existent

May 21, 2011
Hello guis,
does anybody found a way to unmount ucb flash device.
The mounting is an automaticcally action with otg adapter, but unmounting!?

kopeland

May 4, 2011
So has anyone ever figured out a way to tell if their tablet is an HD104 or an HD105? And does it even matter? I see where people are switching back & forth the between the ROMs, so I have to wonder.

Androidnoob, did you get better functionality by switching back to the 2.2 HD104 rom than what you had when the 2.3 HD105 rom was installed?

I just got mine and it came in a plain white box, with a white plastic liner inside the box. The unit had the sticker on the back with the SN (and another number - IEP number I think) printed on it. The back case is white plastic and has the word DREAMBOOK stenciled on it in grey letters about 3/8" high. It has rom V16 installed.

Does any of that info identify the model as an HD104 or HD105? I'd like to update to a newer rom, but I want to install the right one and not have to go through all the problems that come with "bricking" it in the process...

Here's how :
1. from stock firmware, upgrade to firmware v20. You still can download v20 from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11839213/V20.rar
2. after upgrading, see if you have HD105 or HD 104.
3. from then on, go to synrgic site and download the latest firmware based on you hardware version.
- latest version is v25. for HD104, it is still Android 2.2. for HD105, it is now android 2.3.