Synrgic Dreambook W7

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Android 2.3 Update...

Their engineers are still working on it im told and soon as it is stable and issues resolved it will be released, no eta yet unfortunately but im sure once its released we will all know.

so...basically they are still working on it and we should see a final release soon! :)

I know. Almost every day I visit Synrgic page.... :)

mightyiam

Mar 5, 2011
Here's the clockworkmod recovery image:
Conversation continued here.
It ain't all alright but the important parts are there.

I'm not responsible for anything you do with this.

Copy it to your device and go something like this in a root shell:
Code:
dd if=<path to image> of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

Now shut it off. If it is connected to power disconnect it. Press the reset button and wait a few seconds.

Power on by holding home, back and power.

The display has a bug. The bug is only in the display so imagine that the line highlight is where it is supposed to be and you will manage to operate.

Good luck and enjoy.

Attachments

• $cwm-with-display-problem.img.zip
    3 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Here's the clockworkmod recovery image:

It ain't all alright but the important parts are there.

Good luck and enjoy.

Congratulations, I think this is the first non-official rom for the Dreambook. But what exactly should we expect? Is it faster or more stable than the roms from Synrgic? Does it work for both HD104 and HD105?

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
felipe -I think this is not a ROM, but a tool to make things easy to everyone who likes manage ROM's

mightyiam - I have not tested, but thank you for your work to Dreambook community

Last edited:

mightyiam

Mar 5, 2011
Congratulations, I think this is the first non-official rom for the Dreambook. But what exactly should we expect? Is it faster or more stable than the roms from Synrgic? Does it work for both HD104 and HD105?

As Werk_AG said, this is only a recovery image. It is a custom recovery image which can be very useful in backup/restore/rom-burning and more.

Realistically, custom roms can be made when the kernel source is released. From that point on, it is play time.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
As Werk_AG said, this is only a recovery image. It is a custom recovery image which can be very useful in backup/restore/rom-burning and more.

Realistically, custom roms can be made when the kernel source is released. From that point on, it is play time.

Got it. This is still welcome, but (I have a huge chance of being wrong) would not work with the MFG versions of the firmware, as these usually install their own recovery images. If the backup is similar to Nandroid, this is very good for trying new roms.

Has anyone tried yet?

dandan7932

May 11, 2011
Hey guys, been a while since ive posted, finally got my w7 back from china, out the box works like a slug.. not very happy! ive tried numerous factory resets and still the same.
so tonight i thought why not so whats been happening and i love the amount of people that are now using the dreambook :)
anyway, im trying to get the cwm to work but it keeps saying im not rooted.. tried z4root multiple times as others have had success with it but nothing..
if i get anywhere ill keep you in the loop :)

-Dan

-edit
@mightyjam: forgive the noobness of this question, do i have to keep it in the zip or do i extract it then place it in the sdcard?

Last edited:

ash2dust

Jul 22, 2011
Hey guys, been a while since ive posted, finally got my w7 back from china, out the box works like a slug.. not very happy! ive tried numerous factory resets and still the same.
so tonight i thought why not so whats been happening and i love the amount of people that are now using the dreambook :)
anyway, im trying to get the cwm to work but it keeps saying im not rooted.. tried z4root multiple times as others have had success with it but nothing..
if i get anywhere ill keep you in the loop :)

-Dan

-edit
@mightyjam: forgive the noobness of this question, do i have to keep it in the zip or do i extract it then place it in the sdcard?

Try using Super One Click - I managed to use that to root my device... worked better than z4root

dandan7932

May 11, 2011
it boots straight into cwm, nice job mightjam! :)

thanks for the suggestion of super one click, never heard of it!, thank you ash2dust!

so now we need to cook some roms!
any ideas anyone on where to start? - could we manipulate the mfg .img files?
ive been messing around with the files in the update.zip for the sd card methord, but its all surface visuals tbh...
:)

Last edited:

dandan7932

May 11, 2011
ok so ive been searching for a universal android kitchen, so far all ive found is the relentless romm roaster, however i cant find any download link the website is severly messed up! http://www.relentlessappz.com... has anyone tried this software? and has anyone else tried the cwm?

-edit: ive been messing around with button remapper and i noticed that my dreambook has 14 buttons?!
menu, home, back, dpad (center, left, right, up, down) volume up, volume down, call, end call, power and camera...
ofcourse there are only 4 hardware buttons but my question is: is it possible to wire some more hard buttons onto the board?
if not what about taking a usb mouse apart, mounting the buttons and laser on an addon case then using button remapper, remap the buttons to other functions?
plus you could use the laser diode as a trackball?

this is all part of my idea to extend the battery life, extend the ports to the other side and have added buttons... :)

Last edited:

Javelin007

Aug 5, 2011
Purchased 5 Units and all Dead. The Synrgic people are very very difficult to deal with because they cannot explain themselves in English. Everyone is on their own. Most times you CALL THEM THEY DO NOT HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AND WHEN THEY GET IRRITATED THEY JUST SAY THEY ARE BUSY NOW AND DROP YOU LIKE DIRT. i AM VERY FRUSTRATED BUT GUESS WILL HAVE TO TRY TO STABILIZE THE SYSTEMS AND SELL THEM OFF. I will stick with the name brands. This one is too difficult to work with technically speaking. No wonder in one year all they have sold is 2,000 pieces does not say much for their sales.

Javelin007

Aug 5, 2011
D'ont get me wrong the Tablet looks good and feels good and in demonstrations was absolutely nice to the feel. I guess if they cannot get the sales volumes up providing support will eventually fade away. 5 on my desk completely no working