Tablet - Andorid 2.1 or Android 2.2? Flash issues? Unstable Andoird 2.2? I need help!

skaterdude

Nov 8, 2010
I've been on the hunt for a Tablet PC. It needs to be an Android OS. Not interested in anything else. I would like to view websites that have FLASH, but it seems the Android 2.2 OS is the only one that can do that. The rest can digest Youtube - But I would like to have the best of both worlds.

I saw:

APad GF10 (China ePad FlyTouch 2) 10 Inch Touch Screen 1GHz CPU ARM11 HDMI WiFi GPS RJ45 Android 2.1 Dual USB Tablet PC-Wholesale Mall - witglobal.com

Seems like a good deal, but have to pay for shipping. Would be nice to find one less the shipping. Plus it's the 2.1 - I would like to get 2.2

So... I saw this one...

Apad MID iMX515 Android 2.2

Hot Sale 8inch Apad MID iMX515 ARM Cortex A8 WIFI Android 2.2 Flash10.1 512MB DDR2 4GB HDMI 3G Bluetooth Tablet PC-Wholesale Mall - witglobal.com

And it clearly states in the listing:

"This products is no longer available,because of Android 2.2 is not stable for Tablet PC"

What the heck?? Why?

Does anyone have one that can agree to this?

I just need a good Tablet that can play video's while I'm traveling... Seems there are so many on the market.

Any feedback would help. Post here or message me direct. I need to get one ASAP!!

Thank you

~ Skaterdude in Canada

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
I've seen Android 1.5 run on tablets (I actually own a Camangi Webstation that has Android 1.5). The problem isn't with the OS. From my point of view it can run on tablets without any problem. The thing is, the implementation may be buggy. Android 2.2 can run on a tablet with no problem, but the manufacturer may have done modifications that made the build buggy, that causes certain crashes or other problems. Don't know what to say about that particular tablet since I don't own it.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
No! I can't run flash websites. Flash need Android 2.2 and some hardware specs to run. I was just saying that even Android 1.5 can run on tablets with no problem, as long as the build is well made.

crogs571

Nov 8, 2010
there's also all the buggy Tegra 2 tablets running 2.2 because 2.2 doesn't play well with the Tegra 2. Would think all the mainstream chips should work just fine with 2.2.

Scott McP

Nov 10, 2010
If the statements by some manufacturers are to be believed 2.2 tablets utilizing the Tegra 2 proscessor will be upgradeable to 3.0 when it is released.The wording in these statements implies that Arm A8's will not be.I myself leaning toward a Tegra 2 tablet.

dipsy14eva

Sep 11, 2011
My MID epad android 2.2 has refused to boot,I have only used it for few days,anyone with any useful information to fix it pls?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum