Tablet turns off when in sleep

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
OK i have a question idk if its my tablet or its supposed to do this but when i put it to sleep (by clicking the power button once) and then after like 4 minutes it turns off completely. is it supposed to do this?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I had some work to do so I thought I would fire up Pandora on my tablet while I worked on the tablet. Interestingly, when the tablet would " sleep " Pandora would stop playing. A push of the power button and a swipe later and Pandora would play. At one point I was to busy typing and did not reach over and hit the power button. There was about a 2 minute pause and than Pandora started playing once again. Now it is playing while sleeping. Not sure if this has anything significant to your situation. Were you on power or battery?

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
I had some work to do so I thought I would fire up Pandora on my tablet while I worked on the tablet. Interestingly, when the tablet would " sleep " Pandora would stop playing. A push of the power button and a swipe later and Pandora would play. At one point I was to busy typing and did not reach over and hit the power button. There was about a 2 minute pause and than Pandora started playing once again. Now it is playing while sleeping. Not sure if this has anything significant to your situation. Were you on power or battery?
On both. I have this problem on battery and on power

dachoeks3

Jun 20, 2011
Had the same problem on original firmware, but after upgrading to gingerbread it seem to fix the problem. It turned off once but battery was dead.

drpelpi

May 30, 2011
The same happens to me everyday. In sleep mode during the day it just turn off without any reason. First i thought it was that the battery drained during the day, but when i turn on again the battery is fully charged, what the hell is going on? dachoeks, what are the main advantages and disadvantages you found with the GB update? and btw which method you used? everything works?

dachoeks3

Jun 20, 2011
The same happens to me everyday. In sleep mode during the day it just turn off without any reason. First i thought it was that the battery drained during the day, but when i turn on again the battery is fully charged, what the hell is going on? dachoeks, what are the main advantages and disadvantages you found with the GB update? and btw which method you used? everything works?
To be honest I see no disadvantages on gb update except the lack of calibration apk. I did it via external micro sd as explained in one of the threads. I still have the micro sd and if you want it i can zip it and upload it somewhere. everything does work including camera and wifi with no slowdowns even after flash player was installed. So I would suggest you go ahead and upgrade it.

drpelpi

May 30, 2011
I would greatly appreciate dachoeks3 if you can upload the zip file (i am short of time these days). I red in others topics that camera or buttons were not working, and adviced not to update, but with this new information i will go ahead with the update, i am really tired of bugs of this firmware. I already wrote to coby if there will be an update, not answer until now. Thanks in advance.

whiteybulger

Jun 18, 2011
I had the same problem with my 7024, random turn offs during sleep mode. It got progressively worse over a weekend and by Tuesday it was turning off whenever I TOUCHED the side with the softkeys and silver button. It didnt matter if it was sleeping or not. I returned it and got a 7022.

dachoeks3

Jun 20, 2011
I would greatly appreciate dachoeks3 if you can upload the zip file (i am short of time these days). I red in others topics that camera or buttons were not working, and adviced not to update, but with this new information i will go ahead with the update, i am really tired of bugs of this firmware. I already wrote to coby if there will be an update, not answer until now. Thanks in advance.

Alright here it is. Update

I also made a video of the tablet running gb.

Last edited by a moderator:

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Where did you get this update? Is this officially from coby?
Do you think it is possible for those who bricked the tablet to fix it by installing this file?
Maybe you could make a topic explaining how to do the update, if it is ok?

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

poseidon

Jul 6, 2011
hi i just bought coby 7022 -- after being left for a while, it goes to sleep. and I don't know how to turn it back on except using the reset button at the back. Please help me how to make my coby function after it goes to sleep. Or I don't want it goes to sleep at all, is there anyway to turn the sleep mode off? I tried to look everywhere but couldn't find it. Please help. thanks