the Display/Video/Media thread

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Go into adw settings and scroll down to where you see 90 180 260 and select them all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

WXMAN

Nov 29, 2010
Doesn't ADW just rotate the homescreen? For my purpose, i want to rotate certain apps only. For example, most sports score apps appear only in portrait mode....which is fine, BUT i want to stand the S7 on the side without the plug, so I can keep it plugged in. Anything that will let me do that?

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
Maybe it is just the woodworker in me....but wouldn't it just be easier to make a little stand that leaves room for the plug to not interfere? Or drill a hole in the desk or whatever allowing the plug to come up from the bottom and be out of the way? I am just throwing solutions outside the box out there to think about..... in case there isn't a software solution at the moment.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Maybe it is just the woodworker in me....but wouldn't it just be easier to make a little stand that leaves room for the plug to not interfere? Or drill a hole in the desk or whatever allowing the plug to come up from the bottom and be out of the way? I am just throwing solutions outside the box out there to think about..... in case there isn't a software solution at the moment.

i had to laugh at your response...I already did that. Took some nice basswood pieces and built a dock for speakers and power connections instead of waiting. That all being said, yes there are several different software solutions to this, but there are also some apps that have been developed so they cannot be in portrait mode so it is a trial and error kind of thing.

The dock I built also works in landscape mode, but the cords are completely hidden only in portrait.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Yeah find an app that does it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

double

Dec 24, 2010
Just downloaded lcd density for root in the market. The default is set to 160 but I cranked it updates to the max 300 and the screen looks noticifly different/better/more pixaleted. recommend.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
glad you like it, that's why it is listed on the sticky for Tips and Tweaks!

cheers,
p

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
unfortunately when I tried to make changes using this program it issued a force close message and my screen remained black. Couldn't power down. Had to pull the battery. Tried again after restarting and set to 160, changes were made ok. My aldiko text was split between pages so I tried increasing the density and got a force close message again- had to pull battery. I decided to leave as is and quit messing with it. ;( My aldiko text is back to normal. ;)

double

Dec 24, 2010
My bad mod. I was just trying to drum updates interest in the s7. It is a wonderful device and without any advertising at all from huawei more people should know about this device. As a pre owner I know about how lack of advertising can hurt dedicated users.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
unfortunately when I tried to make changes using this program it issued a force close message and my screen remained black. Couldn't power down. Had to pull the battery. Tried again after restarting and set to 160, changes were made ok. My aldiko text was split between pages so I tried increasing the density and got a force close message again- had to pull battery. I decided to leave as is and quit messing with it. ;( My aldiko text is back to normal. ;)

I did have the force close issue once and had to pull the battery, but I think that if you click to close instead of picking wait, it will finish. I have been able to change my density with it in spite of the close problem. However! If you are going to use, it don't set to "300" as was suggested without first placing a copy of the lcd density program on the home screen or something. That is because if you are using the default launcher, parts of it will be off the screen at 300 including the application matrix, so you won't be able to get there later. (if you get stuck, you can still place an application shortcut to lcd density later). Larger numbers make the screen larger and show less, smaller make the screen text and icons smaller but show more. I like 120 or 140.

double

Dec 24, 2010
I'm using Skyfire and not able to watch justin tv. Still getting the 'need Flash' msg...????

It should work, are you seeing the video box analyzing if video is present? do you have pop up video box enabled in the settings? it's not played in the browser yet..I'm sure you've figured it out in the time since you posted your comment...so..