the Display/Video/Media thread

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
That worked great thanks! I want to pay for my movies, but cant find a place to by them. Amazon only lets you down load them to certain devices. Any suggestions?

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Are you talking about buying pre converted dvd rips or something else. Alot of DVD's you buy nowadays come with a digital version on the disc for use with portable devices..

Ives

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
I want to be able to go to a website a download a movie to my computer and then over to my computer wuawei.

dajack761

Dec 8, 2010
Have you tried using Skyfire? I've been able to down load videos that way. I also use Jetvd to download videos from youtube.

Zenya

Nov 24, 2010
skyfire just updated their browser it;s really cool has lots of features now than before. thanks for the tip :)

bmichigan

Dec 12, 2010
I have the Huawei s7tablet and i Know it has no flash and i have the Skyfire app but it still wont play any videos when i'm using the browser. any solutions

Shifter2600

Dec 12, 2010
Has anyone successfully connected to either one of these streaming servers.

The 2 servers have a UPnP option I can connect to using my Archos with the built in Archos Media Center. Does the S7 require a App to connect to the UPnP streams?

How about streaming videos will they start playing after a standard buffer or does the whole video need to be transfered 1st before playing.

I am wanting to grab a S7 this week but this is the only thing holding me back. I really like the Archos Media Center is there an Andriod alternative with the same capabilities?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
VLC stream and convert
Never set this up myself though

Kernel source is out, so cifs is possible too. Reference Nexus One playback.

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
I had the same problem, tried this, it worked for me..

In rockplayer open settings and click on root. You will see a browse window with " /sdcard " typed in it.
Add " /sdcard2 ". Will look like this " /sdcard/sdcard2 " no quotes. Then hit your back button until you see a folder called sdcard2. You will have to scroll down to find it. Open it and you should see your ext card root directory. Hope this helps
Ives

ok i got rock player and i did what you suggested. when i mount the tablet in the computer(MAC) and i see the folder do i have to created sdcard folder in root then put the movie there or just put the movie in the root? either way i did not work for me.onless im missing something.any advise will be appreciated thx...

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
So it sounds like you have rock player set to look in your sdcard2 directory for movies, is this right? Once you have that set up you can create a new folder on the sd card itself using your computer and call it whatever you want, I named mine just " videos ". The when rockplayer opens browse to the folder you just created and open it to select a movie. You can put your movies in the root directory if you want, it just keeps things a little cleaner to keep your media in seperate folders, JMHO... : )

If rockplayer can't find any movies in the folder you pointed it too then make sure the files are in a format that can be played by the app.

Ives

Shifter2600

Dec 12, 2010
Thanks for the response but from what I searched out today I really don't think there is anything out there yet for android that is going to come close to Archos and there Media Center system which is seamless.
Thats too bad. Hopefully Playon comes out with there Android app soon. They figure they will have it done by the end of the year, but I won't hold my breath.

dajack761

Dec 8, 2010
I have the Huawei s7tablet and i Know it has no flash and i have the Skyfire app but it still wont play any videos when i'm using the browser. any solutions

Hi,

Give this a try. Open the skyfire browser, touch the circle with the up side down pyramid. Touch settings. Under toolbar settings find enable video alerts. The check box needs to be checked. When you go to a website that has the video you want to see a little bar will pop up at the bottom with a window with a play button in it. See the example at the skyfire website. Welcome to Skyfire