This app is incompatible with your Acer A500

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Google advice that this application is blocked in my country (South Africa!) :0
Did they give you a reason why it is blocked in South Africa? Having lived there it would not surprise me? Probably government control or wanting control or even trying to make money. That is a shame.

HD87

May 14, 2011
If you can't find an app in the Market, you can try to google search the name of the app & add .apk, but be weary of unknown sources, find a place where there are comments. Remember only download the apk if its free otherwise it's illegal ;) sorry I can't post up any links.

TomMorrow

Nov 26, 2011
That’s just it!

I have Google Earth on my Dell Studio – running Windows 7 – working perfectly.

However I hear you
… government control or wanting control or even trying to make money. That is a shame.

And that bit is a shame – as well. ;)

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
I had a problem with that message on some "optimized for tablets" apps. Finally, I realized that it was my 'maturity' setting that was 'filtering' them. Apparently some health apps (like iTriage) look 'mature' to Google. It shows the market page, but identifies the app as 'incompatible' with my A500. Once I changed the maturity setting, it let me download the app, which turned out to be disappointing.

- Conrad

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I had a problem with that message on some "optimized for tablets" apps. Finally, I realized that it was my 'maturity' setting that was 'filtering' them. Apparently some health apps (like iTriage) look 'mature' to Google. It shows the market page, but identifies the app as 'incompatible' with my A500. Once I changed the maturity setting, it let me download the app, which turned out to be disappointing.

- Conrad
Well I can't recall seeing that setting and I've had my google account for many years - not that you're not right.

HD87

May 14, 2011
Well I can't recall seeing that setting and I've had my google account for many years - not that you're not right.
It's in the Market. Settings: User controls> Content Filtering (I have the new Market build v 3.3.11)