Typing issues in forums etc on the Acer A500

chomlee

Aug 28, 2011
First off, I love my Acer A500 Tablet. The only problem that I have seen with the tablet is that when I am typing in forums such as this, the cursor gets ahead of the actual letters and it becomes almost imposible to back track and put the cursor in a different location to later edit the text. Does anyone else have this problem. It becomes really anoying :mad: and I now if I have to type a decent amount of text, I now go to my computer to do it.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yup.

I've been b1tching about the forum software since inception.
Why would these guys choose a software that really only works on windows for their forum, with no regard as to how it performs on Android?
Its a case of the only tool they know how to use being a hammer, so they look at every problem as if it were a nail.

If you go to settings at the top of the screen (top right), and select General settings (down the left side), and then scroll way to the bottom and select either BASIC or Standard for the Message Editor Interface its almost manageable.

Also click Hide User Customization, (bottom), and uncheck Show signatures, show Avatars under Thread Display Options you can save a lot of bandwidth and you avoid most of the juvenile avatars that some people insist on using.

Then it is manageable on the tablet.

Oh, and RUN, don't walk, to the Andorid Market and get Swiftkey Tablet X, or wait till it goes on sale. It will save you so much typing you won't believe it. Often it knows the exact word you would type next BEFORE you even type its first letter, and you can single tap to add it. Many people misunderstand how Swiftkey works. Its not just another keyboard. It knows what words follow others, and learns from your typing patterns.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I just heard that Swiftkey is one of the .10 offerings on the Market today, not sure if the tablet version is a seperate offering.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum