US Custom weilds a big stick for Apple, and it hits us!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News Depot' started by allenaxon, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Afri10

Afri10 Member

mine is the gpad, it really looks alike, but is smaller. dang im praying right now. I really cant afford loosing that money as a student. do they check all packages?

2. OffWorld

OffWorld Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Haipad M701-R, Augen Gentouch 78 (returned it)
    Did you READ the linked document? It very specifically says that the shape is EXACTLY the trademark and does NOT include the round button with the square on it, or any other buttons, ports, or the screen size/shape. Those items are all in dotted outlines on the diagram because they are NOT being claimed as part of the trademark. Nor is color. It's JUST the shape, a rectangle with rounded corners, for a handheld electronic device.

3. Afri10

Afri10 Member

That is freakn dumb.
    Because as i mentioned thats the way how all other tablets are + thats the shape that mostly makes sence.

I hate Apple, and they just proved on more time how ..... they are.
    I mean they are building a monopoly, or they have one, and blocking all other out.

4. wilson13

wilson13 Member

the shape is the trademark, but only if it looks like an ipad. they wont have a trademark on all tablets with rounded corners.

put it this way, if you were trying to trademark the design of the ipad and had to describe its shape in words, how would you describe it? probably a handheld electonic device, rectangular in shape, with rounded corners...

5. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    I am not sure about trademark laws, but the trademark clearly states that the shape is what is trademarked and not the buttons. It just happens to be another vague trademark.

Basically Apple trademark every electronic device that is rectangular in shape and has round corners.

6. allenaxon

allenaxon Member

Tablet / Device:
    Android tablet
    I just filed a Petition for Relief to the US Custom; you can view the Notice of Seizure here:

http://axonic.ca/notice.pdf

they are enforcing the trade mark of Apple Inc. so any electronic device with "a rectangular shape with round corners" is at risk.
    My next step may be notified the big boys, Google, Samsung etc., and see if they want to do something about it, your help on this is always welcome.

7. Afri10

Afri10 Member

Mine had no troubles, arrived in 4 days of shipping with custom check