USB to Charger?

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
Has anyone found a USB to the 7022 charger cord. I noticed that the charger is 5 v and thats what usb uses so it sould work without question. I have a powercore(900 mamp back up) and it has a usb port only so it would be nice to be able to use that. So if anyone has found a usb to charger cord that would be awesome to share that info.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Has anyone found a USB to the 7022 charger cord. I noticed that the charger is 5 v and thats what usb uses so it sould work without question. I have a powercore(900 mamp back up) and it has a usb port only so it would be nice to be able to use that. So if anyone has found a usb to charger cord that would be awesome to share that info.
Sadly the Coby Kyros 7022 does not charge with USB.

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
No no no, a usb male on one side and the other is the charger plug, like i said we only need 5 volts so it should be possible...

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
It does help to the fact that now we know its possible, but I feal that someone isselling it somewhere...I'm going to start looking for one, I hope others will do the same and share the findings...

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
No no no, a usb male on one side and the other is the charger plug, like i said we only need 5 volts so it should be possible...

Oh sorry I thought you meant a mini usb wall charger sorry about that

Last edited:

poormanstab99

Sep 19, 2011
Type in " usb 5v dc 3.5 " on ebay. Appear to be many if you decide to use that route. Some have longer and shorter cable lengths. The cheapest (99cents free shipping) appears to be 10cm's in length. I went for the one that has the 60cm(23") cord length (.99 + .99 shipping...$1.98). I ended up ordering two, one for the house one for the car. I will provide feedback on how they work when I receive them.

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
I typed that in and im getting a barrel connector and it looks thicker then we need, I wonder though

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
Im seeing 3mm thick 1cm long, mybe ill try to go to radio shack tomorrow,they might have something

Last edited:

mikew99

Apr 9, 2011
Here is a post I made in the thread about car chargers:

Thanks for the tip about the Coby 8024 using the same tip as the Kindle 1. I have a 7022 and wanted to be able to charge it via USB. A Web search turned up a reference to the Kindle 1 charger being the same as the Palm Zire charger. So I took a chance and ordered the PALM TUNGSTEN E Zire 31 72 USB HOTSYNC Charger Cable from eBay. It contains two cables in one, a USB-to-power cable and a USB-to-mini USB cable. I have been using it to successfully charge my 7022 by plugging it into any powered USB port. As a plus, I can use the same cable to transfer files between my laptop and my 7022.

I'm sure it takes longer to charge the 7022 via USB, but it means that I don't have to carry the bulky AC charger when I travel. And I can get cheap replacements. It would make sense that any charger (USB, auto, or AC) for the Kindle 1 or the Palm Zire should work for the 7022. No guarantees, but if you don't want to have to make a cable, it might be worth a try.

I can report that I have been using the Palm Zire USB cable that I got from eBay to charge my Coby 7022 for the past few months and it has worked well for me so far.

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
Thank you for shareing your find