Various problems?

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
Installed TnT G-Harmony 1.2

Tried to follow the following steps as in the sticky

1. Launch the Market app. Once it loads close it. (Just tap the Home button)
2. Go into Settings - Applications - System Applications - Market and select "Clear Cache" then "Force Stop". (May be different for different ROMs)
3. Press back once, find "Google Services Framework" and select "Clear DATA" then "Force Stop".
4. Go back to your home screen and launch the Market App again. If you did steps 1-3 correctly you should get an error. If not, redo steps 1-3.

1. After Market starts, I've tried to sign into my google account. It failed. So I guess that's what the problem is.

So I tried 1-3 several times. Each time, step 4 went back to the same screen as in step 1: "Add a google account"

Rebooted several times, same thing

Is there any other tricks?

In the other sticky, the linked page says that you have to partition. Is that necessary? If so, what am I partitioning? Is it a single 16GB internal flash?

Thanks!

Last edited:

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
First full charge. Used a bit. Powered down at about 70%. Next day, it went down to 48% when I open it.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
Yes, signing into your account is too far in the process. Restart and follow the steps, and it should work. I didn't partition at all, and it works fine.

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
It really depends on what you have running in the background, including live wallpapers, apps with push notifications, wifi, etc.

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
I rebooted the device. Following the steps exactly:

1. Launch market and hit home
2. Settings -> Application -> System Application -> Market, clear cache is greyed out, so I hit force stop
3. Back, Google Service Framework, clear data, force stop
4. Home, launch market, same "add account" screen

What am I missing?

Thanks

BTW, flash fix did work.

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
Should I be able to sign into my account with Market without the fix? I can't.

There is another post saying I should signed into the google account first. The suggestion was using Contact. But I can't find any way to sign in there.

Thanks!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Make sure you can log onto the account from a PC. There might be a captcha waiting for you...

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
12 hours later, I can log into Market with my Google account. Then the steps worked. Honestly, I don't know what the steps fix so I don't know what to check.

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
Once I get out of settings (via Home), clicking on Settings again will cause it to crash

"The application Settingshas stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
I have the TnT and Android keyboard.

Tried to install a couple. They show up in the Settings. Tapping the checkbox gave the Attention warning. Clicking on OK. But the checkbox remains unchecked.

Am I missing something?