Video quality

kryptonian

Dec 4, 2011
I apologize if this question has already been answered but I was wondering what the video is supposed to look like quality-wise on youtube for the vtab. I'm running hd videos from youtube and they all seem to have a faint jaggedy lines running across them and keeping them from looking truly crisp. Non hd videos from youtube are practically unwatchable because the quality is soo bad. Is there a specific reason for this, or is it because this is the best that the vtab can do?

Any insights would be much appreciated.
Thanks

JoelWUpchurch

Nov 30, 2011
As far as I can tell the quality I get from the vtab is fine, but hd video is stretched vertically to fill the screen on youtube. If I pause the video and unpause it, then it goes to the correct 16:9.

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
there are many factors to affect the video quality, such as bitrate, sample rate, codec, resolution etc, make sure the video parameters are suitable for your Vtab, by the way, can you tell use the full name of the vtab?

kryptonian

Dec 4, 2011
vtab1008

I called support and they said it was an app & firmware issue.

She said that they're releasing a firmware update this month that will address that issue.

I'm glad I saw a certain mpeg-4 video that looked perfect on the Vizio tablet, otherwise I'd have returned it.

Does anyone know what dimensions/format a video should be to look best on the Vizio tablet?

YoungGun

Dec 26, 2011
Can I ask here whats the best settings I should set for when I covert my videos on my pc (.mkv files for example) to play on my tablet and look best?