Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

AndroidAlan

Apr 7, 2011
For the basic rooting you dont have to change any permissions. Only when you start to really tweak the device will you have to. Follow my HowTo guide and you'll all set. After you get a feel for the ROM of your choice try out some others to find the best one for you. Personally I hate the TnT ROMs. TnT G-Harmony v1.2 was the best but I hated the notification bar at the top, I prefered something to look more like my D2 and G-Harmony-Gingerbread v2.1 did just that.

Enjoy and ask lots of questions! There are pleanty of knowledgable people here.

I did find you post about the instructions on the rooting looks as they are going to be very valuable. but the reason I was asking about permissions is that I can't put anything in the /root directory it fails when I try. I guess I'm not getting something here. I tried puting clockwork other places but doesn't seem to work.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I did find you post about the instructions on the rooting looks as they are going to be very valuable. but the reason I was asking about permissions is that I can't put anything in the /root directory it fails when I try. I guess I'm not getting something here. I tried puting clockwork other places but doesn't seem to work.

That is very interesting. I have never run into this problem. I think CWM has a "Fix Permissions" function. Try runing that and see where you stand... unless you cant even install CWM? Let me know.

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
No not that I know of, But I have not turned it on sense I tried the first time. I know the exchange is working.

AndroidAlan

Apr 7, 2011
Ok maybe I am going about this the wrong way. Per your (Puganater's) instuctions I dowloaded clockwork and unzipped it. I then tried to copy it to the /root folder and it says copy unsuccessful. I've tried it several times without luck. I even downloaded anoth file mangler and it wouldn't do it either. I'm missing something here? or do I have a lemon? or?

also on another not whenever I try to go into my display settings, the whole settings menu fatally crashes is this normal?

orklord

Apr 16, 2011
I got my G Tablet in the mail yesterday. I'm running with TapNTap for a bit before I make any wholesale changes, but the lack of apps on Handango that I've scouted out is tempting me to change soon.

Rich from Jacksonville, FL

justdrooit

Apr 21, 2011
I'm one of the Wooters now with a gTab. Had a little trouble at first rooting the thing with Vegan, but eventually figured out how to access the tablet as an external storage device. Copied the rom over and it's been great since. I do think the terminology is a little confusing with the loose use of the term SD-Card.

Anyway, as I posted in a different thread here, the AC adapter appears to no longer work. As soon as that's remedied, I'll be enjoying my mlb.tv on my gTab again soon!

Drew from Hampton, VA. Just DrooIT!

Morgue

Apr 1, 2011
Finally received my G-Tablet Monday, and JUST got to spend some time with it last night. Settled with Vegan 5.1.1 for now, and am surprised how well it met my expectations

Did the first Market fix, and will do the second here soon.

pyro530

Apr 18, 2011
Checking in from California.
This is my third and a half Android tablet.
White Pandigital Novel, kept for about a week before I found a much better deal on the Cruz Reader R101. > Nook Color > gTab from the Woot sale.

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
I got mine on Tuesday. Currently running Vegan-tab Gingerbread 7.0.0 This thing is running great! I was going to run the OEM for a few weeks but....was not able to access my works internal WiFi. Access is granted with your domain credentials. It would never request these. So inside of an hour I was on Vegan-Tab. ;)

Oh yes, From Dallas, Tx

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2011
Please add me to the list. Spokane, WA and LOVING THIS G-TABLET! I love the community support, the amount of information available, and the endless opportunities for this perfect little rig to expand, grow, and improve every single day. Simply awesome to be part of it.

gtabme

May 5, 2011
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this.
I have installed 'update-cm-7.0.2-Harmony-signed.zip' twice to see if I did anything wrong.
So far everything looks good; however, I don't think the sdcard is mounted properly.
It is seeing it as /emmc directory. Most apps are expecting or using '/sdcard' directory name convention.
How can I change this?

Thanks.
G-Tabber

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this.
I have installed 'update-cm-7.0.2-Harmony-signed.zip' twice to see if I did anything wrong.
So far everything looks good; however, I don't think the sdcard is mounted properly.
It is seeing it as /emmc directory. Most apps are expecting or using '/sdcard' directory name convention.
How can I change this?

you should be fine, is there a specific app that you are having an issue with over this?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Wow...time to get caught up again. If you see that you are not on the list yet and want to be, please drop me a note directly via PM here. also, be sure to join the Group!

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Hello everyone, just got my gtablet two days ago and after spending some time here on the forums, I ditched the stock rom for gharmony. The tablet is absolutely flying now. Please add me to the gtablet owner list, adelamarc - Louisiana, USA