Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

ptmcg

Mar 29, 2011
I am a new w00ter, the FedEx tracking site says my package is on the truck for delivery today - I'm going home at lunchtime!!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
good luck...enjoy...and remember to practice safe computing!! Nothing like sneaking out for a nooner...

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
Another new Wooter.
I can't wait until I am off work so I can check my OTA version and get to work.
I joined the ViewSonic tablet group here as well.

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
Hi
Received my gtab today from TigerDirect, little disappointed because the price dropped about 30$ since my order but this is life.
I rooted my gtab with GHarmony v2.1 and it is working fine, thanks for all the folks in the forum for their valuable posts.
start looking for some programs.
I think it is a good staff
rgds,

Mar 24, 2011
New gTab from Woot owner from Richmond, Va. I'm a Moderator on Droid X Forums, so I'm not new to hacking, but I'm sure I will have some questions along the way, AFTER reading all the stickies of course. ;)

Thank you for managing this great forum resource for the Android community.

neteru

Mar 21, 2011
G's Up!!!
Expecting my pad tomorrow. I am brand Noobian to this stuff. I first hastily purchased a superpad 10.1. It was cool for a day then the speakers went on the blink and the HDMI didnt work at all connected to the LCD. Some nights I get dizzy from reading all the info about flashing, rooting, etc. I am going to try out the TnT with the OTA update. I just left the Viewsonic site and I was excited to find on the last page of the quick start guide under the micro sd card section that the g pad supports up to a 64 gig card and that it is recommended that you use a minimum of 32 gigs for a better experience. Is that a 32 + the internal 16? Thanks pbrauer for all your knowledge and contributions..your name rings bells across the web when it comes to tweaking the gTab..and everyone else who is involved with this fantastic resource.

neteru - New Jersey

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome to the forums, glad to have all of you! Also thanks for all your kind comments, they are appreciated!

Cheers,
Peter

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
So...I'm getting a high-pitched whining sound from the power block - Anyone else have this issue? It works and charges perfectly fine, but it's noisy. Obviously, I'll be contacting Viewsonic support...

mclovin420

Apr 1, 2011
Ordered my tablet at 830PM on the 30th, shipped out 6 minutes later form an amazon seller, arriving any minute! Add me to the owners list
Massachusetts, USA

richmo

Apr 1, 2011
Purchased the G-tab on the eBay daily deal ($299) earlier this week. It arrived in 2 days from TigerDirect. I think I'm going to use the updated Viewsonic ROM to start, but may switch over to Vegan once I get a little more adventurous.

Old Rick

Mar 28, 2011
Just received my Tab about 2 hours ago and am charging the battery while doing some exploring. It came from the dealer (NPS) with ROM version 2736. I'm doing the OTA to 3588 right now. When I look at storage in settings, it shows 13.09 GB on the SD Card and shows 1.68 GB of available "internal storage". I was expecting something < 512 mb. If it does really have 512mb memory, what does the 1.68GB represent? BTW for Paul, I posted as a "new owner" back in msg #137 but didn't make the owner list. Probably something I did wrong. Please add me. Thanks!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Out of town until tomorrow, will update owners tomorrow, Monday at the latest.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

mclovin420

Apr 1, 2011
After putting custom Rom on, I will say that this tablet is amazing. Case with USB keyboard integrated is coming from Amazon, plus a capacative stylus and a skinomi screen protector and "carbon fiber" skin. Can't wait!

Sent from my TnT G-Harmony using Android Tablet Forum

rufhouse

Mar 31, 2011
After weeks of reading, surfing, reading (repeat 10 times)... etc....
I want to thank everyone for their comments (pros and cons) on the different TABs available.

Finally decided on the Viewsonic 10" GTab
Went to local OfficeMax and played with one in person.
Ordered it tonight from buy.com (299 special)
Looking forward to deliver and mod'ing and playing...

thx
- rufhouse