Vizio VTAB1008 "Widget Board"

wolong

Aug 24, 2011
My Vizio tablet has a "Widget Board" app that I can't figure out how to use. Where can I get an explanation? What widgets are available and where do I find them?

foganime

Aug 9, 2011
Hit the Home key twice quickly and you'll see the widgets display.
I could care less about widgets, but this shortcut does force the display back into portrait orientation.
Very handy after watching a movie!!

The accelerometer in this tablet is a POS, especially when it's inside the folio case.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
Wolong - Looks like the widget board is simply a quick launcher for apps you use most frequently. Not very useful in my opinion.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

wolong

Aug 24, 2011
Is there a way to put browser icons on the home screen that will take me directly to a favorite URLs? Right now I have to use bookmarks to get to frequently used websites.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
The widget board only lets you put widgets on it.

If you are using an alternate home app long press on the home screen and select Shortcuts from the pop up box. The select Bookmark. You bookmarks will be shown and you can then pick the one you want on the home screen.

wolong

Aug 24, 2011
The widget board only lets you put widgets on it.If you are using an alternate home app long press on the home screen and select Shortcuts from the pop up box. The select Bookmark. You bookmarks will be shown and you can then pick the one you want on the home screen.
I didn't know that I could replace the home screen with a third party app. Can you recommend one?