VTAB 1008 help

AndroiDor14

May 25, 2012
The menu, back and the legacy buttons isnt visable anymore, the menu and back moved to the screen but they supposed to be under the screen..
how can i get them back there ?

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
AndroiDor14 said:
The menu, back and the legacy buttons isnt visable anymore, the menu and back moved to the screen but they supposed to be under the screen..

That is the exact same question a lot of us have and if you call Vizio and complain they will tell you they can not help you because you choose to take the update. BTDT

But that is not the worst problem because watching youtube videos with the standard Android browser is now full of problems when it used to work better that any Andriod device out there.

Sent from my HC (2.0) VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
is there any way to get the older version back ?

I wish I could go back to an earlier version too because Vizio's update has made my VTAB 1008 useless for everything I used to use it for. I can't use the 1024x768 screen anymore because Vizio changed that to 1024x695 after taking a area 73 pixels high for the onscreen buttons.

If I'm using the browser to play youtube videos I can't easily go full screen anymore because it has problems with the 1024x695 screen too. The only way to go near full screen now is to be sure to tap on the very corner of the video when you use to be able to tap right in the middle of the video to do the same thing.

And not only that, and it might only be my Vizio Tablet but I can't use the Android Browser to watch any Youtube videos over 3 minutes long anymore because I end up with a white screen of death. See: Vizio's "White Screen of Death" on their Honeycomb VTAB1008

But that is not the worst part. You will get nowhere at all if you try to complain to Vizio about their software because they will blame it on Google or Adobe instead of the people that are forcing the updates on us. If you don't believe me just call up Vizio yourself and you can find their number at:
https://vizio.custhelp.com/app/ask
NOTE: On the above URL you might not see the phone number with the Android browser so here it is: 877-698-4946

And looking back, the problems with the Vizio updates really started after their first update when they removed the option to root their tablet.

Last edited:

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
Download the dolphin browser, it might help you with your problem, it helped me.

The Dolphin Browser HD fixes a few of the problems but not all of them. A newer Flash Player also fixes a few of the problems but it also makes some of the problems worse when you use the Android Browser.

FYI two months in a row I had to add more minutes to my cell phone because of all the time I spent on the phone with Vizio. I even have the phone number to the two level 4 techs and Vizio but that didn't help me at all because I have the exact same problems I had with my VTAB1008 that I had before I started to call Vizio up.

Vizio could fix all the problems I 've complained about if they would just allow me to go back to GB but that is the last thing they will ever do.

kincer

Oct 10, 2011
I know you're not gonna want to do this but I totally wiped mine out and it works great after I did a factory reset.

IndyOne

Mar 12, 2012
If I understand you correctly, you mean the buttons moved from the bezel to the screen? If so, that was part of the Honeycomb upgrade. I'm glad they did, hated the bezel buttons, on the screen works much better IMHO.

IndyOne

Mar 12, 2012
I have one more question, how can i turn apps off? Like multitasking on the Iphone.
I've read many threads on different sites debating the pros and cons of using a task-killer app. The consensus seems to be Android does a sufficient job of managing apps in memory that you generally don't need to turn apps off unless they are mis-behaving.

I used to use a task-killer, I no longer do. No memory problems here.

AndroiDor14

May 25, 2012
Yes thats what i ment, and the screen got smaller because of the update, any chance the will work it out the next update ? and do you know how to turn off apps after using them ? like IOS multitasking ?