Vtab's at Big Lot's

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I guess the Vtab has reached the end when they are being sold art Big Lots. 149$ according to this weeks ad, sad Vizio has not followed the Vtab up yet.

Jim

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm sure they will be good for somebody :) Honestly Vizio could learn a lot from Le Pan. They are a small tablet company that has come out of no where and produced a good bang for buck tablet. They have had their growing pains along the way but stuck with it and are about to offer their third model soon. The have had updates through ICS with Jelly Bean coming.

There is no reason Vizo shouldn't be able to do the same with their resources and experience. Of course it is probably smart to focus on one thing at a time and for now that is computers. On that front I think they would make a great Windows 8/Windows RT tablet partner.

msmmoore

Nov 20, 2011
I gave my v- tab up. It just wasn't cutting it anymore. I loved the size of it but couldn't deal with all the glitches. Got a Samsung galaxy 2 7.0 and have to admit I like it a whole lot better, just wish it was an 8 inch.., good luck to everyone!

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, my VTAB is still behaving erratically. I'm giving up on Vizio. Waiting for the clearance price drop on 10" Samsung tablets.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

truckstopking

Sep 18, 2012
I just got one for my wife, for $149, to use for Facebook instead of her phone. She tried it, and said it was terrible and she told me it was my Christmas present :-(.

I think it is beyond returning it b/c I took the plastic off and can see some very teeny use marks on the screen. If I do all the tricks like rooting, taking back to Gingerbread, and sd-card app serving that are listed on here, will this tablet be usable?

Right now, it can't execute maps, a search, has the worst WiFi reception imaginable, and takes about half a second just to type a keystroke.

I got a used $85 Pandigital SuperNova Ereader / wannabe Android tablet for my Grandmom, and got some Google apps installed on it and it rocks! It's So fast.

When you guys say this Vizio is slow, is it as slow as I am describing or will it be able to get to the capability of the SuperNova if I do all these tricks?

I can't believe it can be sold legally. This Vizio seems to almost lack operational ability in it's current "stock updated" state. I do have an SD card in it, and have not really installed much, maybe 5 apps like weather & Kroger

edgar.poodle

Sep 19, 2012
Vizio is gearing for a 10" tablet. (Hands On With Vizio's Edgy New Tablet: This Is Not the Product of a "Cheap TV" Company) Also, the ones at BigLots are refurbs. These kind of explains the price. This is typical of what BigLots sells, especially electronics and other home items (i.e. Dyson vacs). My wife and I got 2 last Sunday and after the setup was finished (included Honeycomb upgrade) we've been pretty happy with them. They're not the fanciest, biggest or most powerful, but they are affordable.

dannyd88

Dec 17, 2011
Hey truckstop, you mentioned a few things you've tried. But have you tried Go Launcher? It should make a big difference. The stock launcher is absolutely horrible. I thought I wasted my money when I first got my vtab but changed my mind after installing Go Launcher. I enjoy using it every day. You shouldn't be having all the problems you mentioned. Good luck.

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I must have lucked out, I have had mine a little over a year and it has been good, the upgrade to HC actually made it like a new tablet for me. I have had a few little glitches here and there but overall for the cost I am still happy with it.