Weird!

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
I was just on my way out to buy a coby at kmart and low and behold the new ones are out for preorder. The prices are reasonable and the specs are good. Still resistive touch but with multitouch, I'm guessing pinch to zoom. I have to look at these a little closer but I like the 7026 with the 4:3 ratio.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Yeah I saw that on Amazon they are doing pre-orders too. On the one hand its cool but its also frustrating. I saw the 7026 for $172.00 I just bought my 7015 for the exact same price 3 weeks ago. I'd have waited if I knew they were coming out that soon.

Sent from my MID7015

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
Who knows what manufacturer these new tablets came from. I may still wind up buying the 7015. Regardless, I hope they either release a froyo rom for the 7015 or the information that will allow a froyo build.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
A Froyo rom would be nice but with 5 new tablets coming I'm not hopeful that Coby will give that out.

Sent from my MID7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
coby sent an email to one of our members in reply to a query stating they are not going to be releasing updates for the mid7015a due to the new tablets being released.

mbuchholz

Mar 8, 2011
A Froyo rom would be nice but with 5 new tablets coming I'm not hopeful that Coby will give that out.

Sent from my MID7015

According to Coby USA the MID1025 will have Gingerbread when it ships. I have gingerbread from CM7 running on my rooted HTC Hero, and I can honestly say... froyo, what? Gingerbread ROCKS!

I have a stake in this particular model because I have one on pre-order. The 1Ghz processor, 10.1" screen and Gingerbread are the primary reasons for getting it. Well, it didn't help that I'm getting it for free. :) My job gives us points we can redeem for merch and this was one of the items on the list. WOOT!

-mb

Last edited:

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
Yeah I saw that on Amazon they are doing pre-orders too. On the one hand its cool but its also frustrating. I saw the 7026 for $172.00 I just bought my 7015 for the exact same price 3 weeks ago. I'd have waited if I knew they were coming out that soon.

Sent from my MID7015

Tell me about it! I just bought my 7015 a week ago and it just arrived about 4 days ago. I got it rooted and then see that the new ones are coming out next week and for only a couple more dollars than I paid for this one...a little disappointed to say the least. Especially since I probably won't be able to afford to buy another one for months.

I wonder if I should return it now and order a new model. Anyone have any advice on what to do here? Also, since I rooted the 7015 and added the Clockwork mod can I return it to its original condition? Amazon won't likely take back a modded unit.

Last edited: