Who's running what ROM?

Discussion in 'Viewsonic gTablet ROMS' started by sharpe351, Aug 24, 2011.

1. mydave

mydave Senior Member

2. sharpe351

sharpe351 Member

Tablet / Device:
    super
    Roe's Mountain Laurel update to 3.0.0 has incorporated these updates from this ROM.

There are still glitches--- he mentioned something about SOD issues, even with stock kernal.

*edit* running the Mountain Laurel 3.1.0. Hdware acceleration supported, full 1080p HDMI playback. Stock keyboard is less than impressive. I use TnT western. I flashed clemsyns kernal and it ran without sod. Not once.

sent from my Mountain Laurel 3.1.0 Gtablet using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  3. sharpe351

sharpe351 Member

Tablet / Device:
    super
    In the clear from Mountain Laurel (too many little issues). Flashed 5274, I actually liked it. Got the lookand feel of stock ROM without looking at the settings, you could never tell the difference. Flashed Brilliant Corners, first impression is that this is what Tap n Tap should've looked like. Running 1.3.0, need to do the update. Can't change the friggin keyboard again.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet using Tapatalk

4. gTabletOwners

gTabletOwners Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic gTablet
    Any idea where Zhyong went off to? I think it was a big mistake XDA did the big re-organisation. Made everything confusing and drove away the users and developers.

5. gTabletOwners

gTabletOwners Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic gTablet
    I made a compilation list here. Unfortunately, I did not made direct links to the original post. You can probably find them by searching for the developer name and release name. Eg: Cocide (Evervolv), Cocide is the dev name, Evervolv is release name.

6. sharpe351

sharpe351 Member

Tablet / Device:
    super
    The list I made was started via the assumption that the 1.1bootloader is dead in the water. Comments made by Roebeet stated that the 1.2 bootloader is here to stay. The devs aren't paying too much attention to the old bl software anymore.

7. Swould333

Swould333 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Archos 101, Viewsonic G-Tablet, Motorola Droid X.... test drove: Augen gentouch 78, Coby Kyros 7015

Have you noticed a significant difference in performace between the 1.2 and 1.1BL version of Gtab-comb?.. I'm running the 1.1BL version.. if the 1.2BL vesion runs smoother i'll look toward updating.....

8. sharpe351

sharpe351 Member

Tablet / Device:
    super
    There shouldn't be much, if any difference between 1.1 and 1.2 bl. The ROM you use may not be updated for the 1.1 bl. If it is being updated then you should be fine on your current BL. That would determine the difference in performance.

The only thing is, that the devs aren't really supporting the 1.1bl anymore. As the popularity of the 1.2bl comes to rise. If you check on SlateDroid or XDA, you will find more 1.2 bl development going on.

There may be limitations that the 1.1bl offers that the 1.2 doesn't. I'm not sure, but I have read everything I could locate on the differences. The only thing (to me) seems to be a physical number. I think I read somewhere that the 1.2 bl ROMs tend to have working cameras on most ROMs. HoneyComb is another story, however. HC uses different code to make the camera function than what is used on the Froyo/Gingerbread ROMs. Hardware acceleration is still in the no-to-distant future. I believe that it will be fully functional by the end of the year. At least, at the rate the devs are working.

9. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic G-Tablet
    Sharpe 351 is right. I don't notice a significant difference in performance between the two bootloaders. I went ahead and converted it because I was having quirky issues with 1.1 that I thought would be resolved in the 1.2 version. But I am still getting the random initiation screen that wants me to put my google info into. I can touch the skip button and it responds better, but if I want to check my gmail I am still stuck with putting in the google info. Sometimes I can reboot and I don't get this, but other times it turns up, unusually when I'm in a hurry and trying to check on something. (Like Gmail or Market).

I'm hoping when this gets updated again it will resolve this problem. Oh annoyance 2 was I couldn't get Netflix to install on this version on GTabcomb. It installed with no issues on the 1.1 but this time around I couldn't pull it up in Market, nor could I install it via going to the market webpage. (Luckily I had downloaded the apk and stored it on dropbox a while ago and it works).

10. sharpe351

sharpe351 Member

Tablet / Device:
    super
    Now its time for me to go to work. I just got my Ubuntu/XP dual boot box back from my stepdad. Cudos to him for rebuilding it for me. I am going to start messing around with a few ROMs to see if I can get anything more out of them.

I also need some assistance setting up NVflash on my Ubuntu machine... I've downloaded all the necessary items, but I need reference as to how to use it essestially. I know ADB and such. Just need a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks, Mike

*edit*--nevermind... on the NVflash thing at least.... I found Roebeet's NVflash thread on SD. Got the right files.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  11. infernomachine

infernomachine Member

Tablet / Device:
    gtab
    Anyone else using century eyes? Runs great, but skype outgoing video is upside down. Everything else is perfect, runs smooth

12. sharpe351

sharpe351 Member

Tablet / Device:
    super
    The Skype thing is a known issue.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

13. infernomachine

infernomachine Member

Tablet / Device:
    gtab
    is it a skype issue?

14. sharpe351

sharpe351 Member

Tablet / Device:
    super
    Yea, I think so. I skipped over it on XDA I think. Itmay be on slatedroid. Can't remember exactly.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

15. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Yep, check slatedroid.com

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum