Why a tablet?

TXFillUp

Mar 8, 2011
I don't own a tsablet and don't know what owning sa tablet will get me. Can someone explain what a tablet is used for? Are there additional expenses after buying a tablet? :confused:

jpfx

Dec 26, 2010
it's like an etcha-sketch except you don't have to turn it upside down and shake it to reboot.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
if you dont seee the point of it then i dont recommend one. its basically like a big phone but no carrier charges

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
TXFillUp: Here is a quick part of an article that I wrote about Android Tablets:

At first the majority of people purchasing Android Tablets were technophiles or technology geeks at heart. Although this tide is turning and the main stream consumer is now jumping on board. A tablet is a great device, as it’s light-weight, can feature more than a 1GHz processor, can read eBooks, can view the web and email, plays games, plays music, you can watch video, and so much more. Plus with Android Tablets such as the Samsung Galaxy you can use it as a phone. Simply bring along your tablet, and make phone calls just as if you had your cell phone.

Tablets are perfect devices if you want to surf the internet, check your emails, contact your social network friends… without lugging around a 6lb laptop. Yes netbooks… are also popular, but the world is going to “touch screen”. Keyboards… the old QWERTY slide-outs are becoming a thing of the past.

A lot of media attention is focusing on the Apple iPad… which does make sense. Although what a lot of media people do not know, what tech people do know, is that Android Tablets will be the real “iPad Killers.” In 2011 the market will be flooded with Android Tablets, which will only drive the price down for consumers. Don’t be surprised to see higher-end tablet manufacturers starting to sell their tablets for under $300.00!