Why Do You Want A Tablet, Or What Do You Use Your Tablet For?

What do you or would you use your tablet for regularly? (choose all that apply)

• office tasks (spreadsheets, word processing, presentations)

Votes: 38 31.9%
  • taking notes (written or drawn notes)

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • online chat and social media (Facebook, Twitter)

Votes: 55 46.2%
  • personal finance (taxes, stocks, banking)

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • web browsing (surfing the web in general, Reddit, Digg, forums)

Votes: 98 82.4%
  • email

Votes: 92 77.3%
  • play games, draw art, make music

Votes: 57 47.9%
  • read ebooks, magazines, newspapers

Votes: 84 70.6%
  • play videos, movies, watch tv (YouTube, TV shows)

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • online shopping (eBay, Craigslist)

Votes: 46 38.7%

• Total voters

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
What are your motivations behind getting a tablet, or what are your main uses for your tablet?

Only choose what you would use a tablet for regularly. That means using the functionality at least a few times per week to qualify as 'regularly'.

Some of you may end up picking all of the above.

Choose any that apply to you

Following the IDC analysis for Usages on Netbooks vs Tablets (link: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-analysis-netbook-vs-tablet-usage-2010-a.html), the uses for computing devices can fall in the following 14 categories.

18Gkzl.png

This poll only allows for 10 choices, so some of these have been combined into one.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
iNTEL should know better not to leave out IT crowd. You can use these in a conference meeting, and monitor your network operations. Frankly the whole idea to use a PC was to take on task that you wanted to make easier. Desktop Publishing, Answering Phones, running other labor task work. Tablet can ease that up too. Tablet is your media center, and business center.

DianneB

Jan 21, 2011
My target uses were not all listed: cell phone, email, contact list, calendar, memos, mobile Internet access (3G)

leke

May 1, 2011
I wanted to experience Android OS.
I have in interest in developing for Android.
I wanted something more mobile then a netbook to keep on the coffee table in case I wanted to check something out real quick.

JaG

Jul 7, 2011
I use mine in the caravan to get mail when we are away from home, as well as browse the web. I use a MiFi on a 6m pole and get a fab reception via wireless. Being so compact it takes up no room and I can take it into Service Area/Shopping Malls, etc for free WiFi.

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
ebook reading... at first, i wanted to buy Kindle ebook reader... but I ended up with Galaxy tab as I can do more with tab than just a plain ebook reader....

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I use my tablet as a cheaper and more mobile alternative to a laptop.

THESHADOW

Jul 2, 2013
I use a tablet because I am visually impaired and it is easier for me to use than either a desktop or laptop.