Working apps for Nook Color

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
^ Howdy and thanks for posting! How is Firefox working for you, speedwise? It hasn't been so hot on my Droid (slooooowwww), but I am using the Sync feature with my PCs and would love to add the NC to my circle of Firefox devices!

Also, you probably know that Beautiful Widgets has a whole bunch of toggle widgets...I don't want to mess with your color scheme, but the Wifi and Brightness toggles are kind of nice. I might also suggest you take a look at Battery Left...it's pretty nifty!

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hey all. Here's what I've gotten running on mine so far...

SmoothCalendar - best calendar widget I've found...

BTW: thanks again to everyone here. This is a cool place to get info and I was very happy to have this forum to come research what I was getting so I could be adequately prepared before I got it.

Nice, I'll have to give this calendar a try. :)

soco11

Dec 25, 2010
Got my NookColor for xmas and rooted it immediately. Absolutely awesome!!!
Some Apps I have running:
Evernote - Notes that are shared between devices (pc, blackberry, android, nook......)
RssDemon - Rss reader
Dolhpin Browser HD - Love the gestures!
PingChat - Chat client (BB, iPad, Android, iPhone)
Tweetdeck - (Twitter, Facebok....>)
Angrybirds (OF COURSE!)
ACV - comic book reader

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
How the hell do you get januarys update on my nook color
Which update are you thinking of...Android 2.2? If so, I would sit tight and get to know your NC as is. That's pretty much rumor at this point. When it happens, I'm sure it'll be distributed over the air (and by download) the way the 1.0.1 update is going out.

Welcome to the forum!!!

-Matt

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
ADB over WIFI Widget

I use this extensively. No problems - even installed the new market using it. No more plugging/unplugging the usb cable and doing the whole safely remove dance.

Edit: I use it along with this script which allows file transfers to the NC and installs by right clicking the files in explorer. Very handy.

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
ADB over WIFI Widget

I use this extensively. No problems - even installed the new market using it. No more plugging/unplugging the usb cable and doing the whole safely remove dance.

Edit: I use it along with this script which allows file transfers to the NC and installs by right clicking the files in explorer. Very handy.
Wonderful tip, thanks! Does the script allow you to pick the destination? I've been really enjoying Remote Web Desktop, but the added convenience of ADB and file transfer sounds like a perfect combo.

-Matt

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
Wonderful tip, thanks! Does the script allow you to pick the destination? I've been really enjoying Remote Web Desktop, but the added convenience of ADB and file transfer sounds like a perfect combo.

-Matt

By default, the script pushes the files to the root of the sd card. You can then use the file explorer of your choice(on the NC) to move the file to its final destination. Might be possible to modify the script to change the default destination, but I don't think a standard browse dialog would be easily implemented. However, there are some apps on appBrain that allow you to do file management over wifi.

Last edited:

tjbus

Jan 2, 2011
Hi everyone! I am new to all this and am enjoying my nook color. I am wanting to add some of these apps to my NC but most of the sites require an android phone to be synced to the site. I do not own an android so how can I install these apps without that? Thanks!

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hi everyone! I am new to all this and am enjoying my nook color. I am wanting to add some of these apps to my NC but most of the sites require an android phone to be synced to the site. I do not own an android so how can I install these apps without that? Thanks!

If you used the auto-nooter to root your NC, you should have the android market installed. Open up the market app and install all the apps you want.

If no market like myself, use adb to install ASTO: NookColor Enable App install from on-device installers - nookDevs

Here is a about 130 apps (apks) files you can manaully install using ASTRO: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/3696-working-apps-nook-color.html#post21707

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
rico2001: Can you please tell me what launcher and clock/weather widget you are using?

-Zeam launcher (dock background - fade to black)
-Fancy widgets clock/weather app (hidden widget background, 2 columns/ 2rows)

fdfd7e63.png

Last edited:

fllf

Jan 2, 2011
any reason why a rooted nc won't display all available apps from the android market?