Working apps for Nook Color

majakat

Dec 29, 2010
Excellent thanks so much, exactly what I'm looking for. I'm in search of apps I can use on a NC for a 10 year old with cerebral palsy. Wonder if cubed player will also play videos.

Try mVideo Player - it shows the ability to show the available videos with thumbnails or movie poster - I have no videos on my machine to test it with -

Pickle3969

Jan 7, 2011
-Zeam launcher (dock background - fade to black)
-Fancy widgets clock/weather app (hidden widget background, 2 columns/ 2rows)

fdfd7e63.png

What battery life indicator are you using on this screen shot? I can't find it in the market. Thanks

Pickle3969

Jan 7, 2011
-Zeam launcher (dock background - fade to black)
-Fancy widgets clock/weather app (hidden widget background, 2 columns/ 2rows)

fdfd7e63.png

Thank you, I found the app, how did you get it on the nook without the camera? I can't find another avenue to get this on here. Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thank you, I found the app, how did you get it on the nook without the camera? I can't find another avenue to get this on here. Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

You should have access to the android market if you are rooted, so just download and it will automatically install.

curttp

Dec 24, 2010
I've installed the Fancy Widget (free version). In the FAQ it says to long touch on the Home Page, then choose Widget and Fancy Widget to place it on the home screen. When I long touch on the home screen I don't get a choice for widget, only for "Change Wallpaper", the I get to choose an installed wallpaper or one of my photos. any idea what I am doing wrong?

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Curt, have you installed a second launcher program, like LauncherPro or Zeam? If not, give Zeam a try. After you've installed it, you'll have two home screens to choose from, the stock Nook home and the Zeam home. On the Zeam home page, do the long press -> Add item -> Widget! :)

In other words, if you're looking at the B&N home screen...no widgets or shortcuts there. :(

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I've got LauncherPro on my Droid, but I REALLY love Zeam on the Nook. If this is your first time, allow me to suggest:

(1) Once you've figured out how to open the app tray (looks like a grid of squares), just long press on any app you like and then you can place it on your homescreen as a shortcut.

(2) Have you tried Soft Keys? If not, give it a try: it will allow you navigate around (menu, back, etc.) when some apps don't have those buttons.

(3) Explore the options for Zeam! In particular, try to increase the number of rows and columns, which will enable you to really pack your homescreen, like JackOnan's! ;) He's now the de facto leader of our NC support group.

View attachment 723

-Matt

puppster1

Jan 6, 2011
I've got LauncherPro on my Droid, but I REALLY love Zeam on the Nook. If this is your first time, allow me to suggest:

(1) Once you've figured out how to open the app tray (looks like a grid of squares), just long press on any app you like and then you can place it on your homescreen as a shortcut.

(2) Have you tried Soft Keys? If not, give it a try: it will allow you navigate around (menu, back, etc.) when some apps don't have those buttons.

(3) Explore the options for Zeam! In particular, try to increase the number of rows and columns, which will enable you to really pack your homescreen, like JackOnan's! ;) He's now the de facto leader of our NC support group.

View attachment 723

-Matt

No chance you'd be willing to list all those apps you have would you? I especially like the 5 day forecast app... I really have no idea what apps to download, going to go through this thread again

puppster1

Jan 6, 2011
Haha oh.. that is a lot of widgets. I'm trying to find a list of recommended apps/widgets to download for the nook color but haven't come across one yet. Will keep searching but thanks for letting me know on the weather widget. Also how do you take screenshots with the NC?

I assume you mean the screenshot? Thank goodness that's not mine...it's JackOnan's! :p You might send him a PM if he doesn't pop in and respond.

Weather widget btw looks like Palmary Weather ($2.99): Palmary Weather Pro - Android app on AppBrain

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Haha oh.. that is a lot of widgets. I'm trying to find a list of recommended apps/widgets to download for the nook color but haven't come across one yet. Will keep searching but thanks for letting me know on the weather widget. Also how do you take screenshots with the NC?

Hold the 'n' and tap Vol-

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I hate it when people give clean, concise answers. It's a gift I sorely lack. :( Everything is a doctoral dissertation with me!

-Matt

Write what you have to say then proofread it by keeping every 4th word you wrote and deleting the rest. :)