Working apps for Nook Color

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I hate it when people give clean, concise answers. It's a gift I sorely lack. :( Everything is a doctoral dissertation with me!

-Matt

LOL, too funny...I have learned with the ladies here at work, that if I don't give short, concise answers, they get lost in the details, then it takes even longer...

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
Just thought I would list some of the apps that I have found to work and aren't listed here.

Touchdown for exchange works good. I'm using the 30 day free trial. So if any one knows where I can grab the full apk I would love that.

Working games are
Moto X Mayhem
Skies of Glory
Deer Hunter
Fruit Ninja
Spegetti Marshmellow
Raging Thunder 2 (doesn't fill the screen but works)_
Reckless Racing (doesn't fill the screen but works)
My Paper Plane 2 (doesn't fill the screen but works)

I think it would be cool if there was a long list somewhere with all the working apps. Does any one know of such a thing?

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
I think it would be cool if there was a long list somewhere with all the working apps. Does any one know of such a thing?

Perhaps the wiki mentioned at the top of this forum would be a good home for a compatibility table with four columns:

APP NAME: (name of app)
VERSION: (version) number
STATUS: 1 = works. 2 = works with quick fix (such as "compatibility mode" or changed pixel density). 3 = works but doesn't fill screen. 4. Works but has issues. 5. launches but is unusable. 6. DOA
NOTES:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Perhaps the wiki mentioned at the top of this forum would be a good home for a compatibility table with four columns:

APP NAME: (name of app)
VERSION: (version) number
STATUS: 1 = works. 2 = works with quick fix (such as "compatibility mode" or changed pixel density). 3 = works but doesn't fill screen. 4. Works but has issues. 5. launches but is unusable. 6. DOA
NOTES:

Nice suggestion, OP updated. Thanks.

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
I would like to see another column on the app list. A description! Often, people mention an app that they use, but fail to say what it does.

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
Wouldn't it be easier to make a wiki for app compatibility?

There is a wiki (mentioned on xda) and asked the guy if he'd host an app compat list. He just needs a simple xls with the data and he'll do the rest. Two weeks ago id have been happy to do it all myself by pouring through this and xda for data. So don't have time- when the man says jump...
Any volunteers? I could offer a start...

badly typed on, and sent from, my NC

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Rico is this the right app for nook because I can't open attached documents from my emails cause I don't have the quickoffice and tell me how to install this on a nook running autonooter IDK actually...thnx

Yes that is the right one, but forget about it. :) There is a new better one made for us tabs, QuickOffice HD: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Follow this post to install: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...tablet-edition-work-nook-color.html#post42035

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I will admit that I did not look through all 14 pages, but wanted to mention that Adobe Photoshop Express works great on the NC...no tweaking needed.

I was able to lower the brightness of one of my photos to use as my background. and its free!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I will admit that I did not look through all 14 pages, but wanted to mention that Adobe Photoshop Express works great on the NC...no tweaking needed.

I was able to lower the brightness of one of my photos to use as my background. and its free!
Sounds like we didn't get our compiled list together (yet)? In the meantime, you probably know but for those who don't, here is a nice list of working apps (sometimes with screenshots and descriptions): NookColor working apps - nookDevs

-Matt